A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: forms

I'm using FLASH 5. When I create the text box and then test the scene I'm not able to input text. Even if I already selected WINDOWS>PANELS>TEXT OPTIONS>INPUT TEXT.

Do I need to convert this box into a form first???

Any help would be greatly appreciate it.

Thank you !!

That's weird. Here are some suggestions...sorry if they seem totally stupid and if your've already tried this.

First, try putting your text box on a layer by itseld and make it the topmost layer if you can. In the Windows>>Panels>>Text Options>>Input Text dialog box, check Border/Bg. If you click on the text box, go to Text>>Character and select _sans serif or some other system font. Also make dure that the text color is not the same color as the bg color of your text box.

See if that helps at all. I hope it does.

Thanks for the help

Originally posted by dschutte
    That's weird. Here are some suggestions...sorry if they seem totally stupid and if your've already tried this.

First, try putting your text box on a layer by itseld and make it the topmost layer if you can. In the Windows>>Panels>>Text Options>>Input Text dialog box, check Border/Bg. If you click on the text box, go to Text>>Character and select _sans serif or some other system font. Also make dure that the text color is not the same color as the bg color of your text box.

See if that helps at all. I hope it does.