dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Actionscript chat...

Actionscript chat...

I've been enjoying helping folks in the actionscript-help room the past few days, but at the same time it can be a grind.

I like it because it helps me hone my chops. Just tonight I made someone a Windblown grass simulation, a mosh pit and a Cheesy Aquarium .

But the flow of traffic on the help boards is endless, and 'meta' style posts tend to scroll off and get lost in the noise very quickly. For example, I tried to start a (hopefully valuable) collection of 'cool actionscript 1-liners' and it got lost in the murk in about an hour.

It would be nice to find a lower traffic board where folks are talking about deeper actionscript issues without the constant clamour of newbies of seeking help.

Anyone know of such a place?

- jbum

Jim, I've moved your post here so it will be seen by people who make a difference around here.

I, for one, appreciate the help you're giving on the boards... good stuff, man.

As far as your one-liner thread, it may take some time to pick up speed... if you add one or two to it a day, people will see the value in it, and may begin posting some themselves. this will also keep the thread to the top of the heap!

You're right about the speed of things dropping down the page... in hot forums like actionscript and the various help forums, the posting frequency is pretty high. One good thing here is the search function that keeps even lost threads accessible.

Hope that helps.

Jay

Ah, thanks for the moving the post - you're right - this is a better home for it.

Your comments are much appreciated.

Two good one-liners a day, that's all I ask.

- jbum

Kudos

Year-old Flasher and new member here. Many thanks to all the veterans at flashkit.com, a little bit-o-Moock and a whole lot of flashkit and I have submitted my first .fla today. It is on my site at
    http://www.edparadigm.com/squares.html

It is so good when the scripting works, and you folks help make it so.
    __azwaldo__