dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 bombs in Spain

13 bombs in Spain

Breaking news this morning, apparently there have been 13 blasts in Spain, three were controlled explotions by authorities.

173 confirmed dead.

<-- I'm angry! (and sad)

186 confirmed dead now.

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

this crap is unbelievable - it is hard to imagine that ANYONE can justify killing INNOCENTS over ANYTHING!!!

somedays i wish an asteroid would come and put us out of our collective misery...

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog Photos Book

Terrorists are useless to society. They only serve to create tragedy and besmirch the causes they claim to uphold. Kinda like kids who throw tantrums, its all about them and their 'struggles'. ****ing selfish aholes.

<shakes head in disbelief>

I just don't get it

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Originally posted by nordberg
    this crap is unbelievable - it is hard to imagine that ANYONE can justify killing INNOCENTS over ANYTHING!!!

somedays i wish an asteroid would come and put us out of our collective misery...
    I'm guessing you didn't read The Jackal's latest comments... Let me try to find you a link.

Sick. Just sick.

I thought that ETA Basque movement wasn't targeting civilians there? They they were blowing up things overnight and calling in warnings.

We should just turn the Russians lose on terrorists. Hire 'em to wipe them out.

Unfortunately, it's only going to gain in popularity. Terrorism is how people who can't fight wars fight wars.

Kind of makes you long for good old wars of attrition. Yeah we pulverized Dresden but it was a military target, and that was before precision bombing.

Originally posted by PAlexC
    I thought that ETA Basque movement wasn't targeting civilians there? They they were blowing up things overnight and calling in warnings.
    It's not sure at the moment if it was the ETA. Here in the news they say it could be the El Kaida, but nothing sure right now.

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

i agree, there seems to be a different methodology here, different from previous ETA attacks...

They're saying the explosives used are similar. If they did shift tactics, it was incredibly stupid. I imagine the response to them from the Spanish goverment would be to wipe them out.

Was Spain involved in the invasion of Iraq? I thought they only gave nominal support.

They were one of the first to climb aboard and the most vocal (Britain excluded).

10 chained explosions, more then 180 deaths, the blodiest ever,i agree that inocent victims shouldnt pay, but in order to talk about it guys, try and do a search about ETA, and the situation with the vascos, the spanish government is allways ****ing it up.
    U can get kidnapped by government police and nobody will ever know anything from u, if u go out u cant speek freely about independence because therell be secret police on every corner, they might come to your house in the middle of the night and take anybody just like that, illegalize political parties, and newspapers just because, with some lame excuses.
    Im sorry if i sound harsh but thats the way it is over there, and im not saying that this killing is justyfied in any way, but 4 days before elections i was expecting something like this to happen, however not so hard.

phreak, Im sure we share the same concern on all those points, but terrorism has redefined insurgency. It is no longer an acceptable form of political maneuvering and must be dealt with eradication. Once people start attacking political and military installations again, then well show some compassion for causes. But people who purposefully aim at us civilians to make a point should be neutralized immediately.

But as far as Spain is concerned, they have come along way since the 70s and Franco, so....they should get some credit for holding together at least 3 distinctly separate groups, without all the 'resources' Franco had at his disposal...

what can we do? personally i think the guantanomo bay lot should never be released? if they can kill 180 people like that, why can't we permenently lock up suspects? if it stops this sort o thing, unlucky if a few innnocents get detained, drastic times cause for drastic measures..

Waits for teh wot if you were innocent and being locked up..? well what if u were innocent and had been blown up today..?

Yeah web, i c your point, and agree with some of it, however i dont think dicussing this here is err "safe " for me.
    Another thing tho, when u say 3 groups im guessin u r talking about Vascos, Catalanes, and Gallegos, however there are many more, practically every region here has its own culture, cant talk about this without namig the south, andaluces, Valencia, and the list goes on.
    I just love gandhi.

right on, yes i was only mentioning the 3 largest. and i hear you about the safe thing, another unfortunate casualty of these damn terroristic inclinations is the ability for us to discuss our views without being labeled, its a shame... but these are paranoid times.

Originally posted by Jemadah
    what can we do? personally i think the guantanomo bay lot should never be released? if they can kill 180 people like that, why can't we permenently lock up suspects? if it stops this sort o thing, unlucky if a few innnocents get detained, drastic times cause for drastic measures..

Waits for teh wot if you were innocent and being locked up..? well what if u were innocent and had been blown up today..?

WHAT?? so youre saying thats ok, violation of human rights is justified by your point just as long as there is a cause that a government beleives is fair, and everybody should follow??
    And locked up ????? hehehe, i wish that was it, how about drowning your head, giving u electrical shots, just to name a few soft tortures used by secretas.
    Now, let me ask u aother question, what you are defending, the way the government handles this, do u honestly think it is stoping somehting? how about giving them freedom of speech? sit down and negotiate? stop tortures?
    I could say the same thing, killing innocents is a drastic measure for a drastic time, but honestly im not that stupid.
    What im trying to say is there are allways 2 sides to the story, and dont talk if u dont know your facts.
    This is why i didnt post here before, i knew i was going to get flamed.

8==========8
    This stuff just really makes me mad. I guess one reason is because I just simply don't understand how they can think this is justifiable. In the strictest sense of the word, no matter from what view you try to take on this, there is absolutely NO WAY to justify killing innocent people.

I say we put all *known* terrorists in the same spot where they test nuclear bombs.

Who the hell are the leaders of these organizations and when can we hire em? Who ever these fanatics are they sure seem to able to recruit pretty easily and must be quite charasmatic. We can't even behoove our own to take the time to vote yet these guys can convice people to blow themselves up for the greater good. Look down on them, pity them, but DONT take them lightly.

Personally, I think it's a bigger threat than nuclear annihilation. All we need is a peace summit to prevent WWIII but what do you about hundreds of separitists groups using anarchy as a common denominator? There's no police/military force in the world that combat a threat like that. We may win a few battles but it seems we feel the negative effects of even our victories for much longer than it takes for a terrorist cell to regroup.

The only answer I see is to flat out inspire as many people as you possibly can. But it will never happen. Us pounders would actually have to get down off our pedestals and infiltrate the very people we wish would raise themselves.