dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Gradient Tool Flash 5 Style?

Gradient Tool Flash 5 Style?

I'm using Flash MX, which I'm somewhat new to, and I'm a little confused with the gradient tool. Some subtle changes to the gradient tool have gotten on my nerves. Maybe someone can help me out here?

1) In Flash 5, when you select a gradient, it becomes the current gradient in the gradient fill panel, ready for you to make direct changes to. In MX, it doesn't. Can I get it to work how it used to, or is there a workaround or something of that sort?

2) MX seems to arbitrarily add gradients I work with to the colour swatches. With some files this gets really annoying. What specifically causes it to add a colour, and how do I stop it from doing it?

If you can help me, I'd really appreciate it. Its not so hard adapting to MX but there's a few things I need to work out.

Chintz

bump

When you select a color or gradient, it becomes the current gradient in the properties panel. Click on that box and a palette will pop up. The top large swatch will be the current selection. Click on that large box and it will become the current selected color in the color mixer box.