dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help on creating a drip

Help on creating a drip

Can anyone explain to me how to create a simple dripping effect, i have a slight knowledge of flash, been playing for about 3 years, had lessons in creating games etc, but i know nothing special..

Ill explain the situation..

I have a picture with a Drip on it, now i want to animate this, so i have removed the drip itself and restored the picture to normal using Photoshop. Now i want the drip to come in like a drip does and end up over the picture in its original place.

So dripping down and ending up in teh same place really. Not just moving down the picture and ending up, it has to drip, so start large and ball like, and stretch out till its done..

Argh, im so bad at explaining things..

http://www.fluidny.com/fluidny.html
    Have a look at the drip on the right of that, thats what i want it to look like really, but not to fade away..

Any help would be much apreciated, this is a rush job, need to find out As soon as i can really... Like Today!
    But if not today then i guess its not gonna be today

Err, ill shut up now..

Thanks in advance,.

SiMON

i've done a few drip animations myself....

The way i did it was frame by frame animation.

Draw the drip using radical effect to make it look transparent. Then start at the top and animate the drip moving down.

Its not easy to start with but make enough and u will be able to make one at the end of it

Not sure i understand, anychance you can post your final pieces so i can see if its what im after, then if it is if you could provide an explanation (more detailed) that would be even better

SiMON

Can no one else help me?

Have you conciderd shape tweening? Its very frustrating to use and has a tendency to suck but if your lucky then it might work for you.

What you do is seding how you want the drop to start on frame 1 and then click that frame in the timeline. Go to your properties inspector and in the place were it says tween change it to motion. Then go to what you want to be the ending frame and edit the drop to look like you want it to that way. Do not delete the drop and re-draw it. U can edit it be point by using the white arrow. If you dont know how to use thw white arrow then the tutorials that come with flash should cover this.

thats basically what ive been saying. Using shape tweening u can animate the drip fram by frame...can take a little time to draw and animate but its worth it...I've not had time to make an example but i can do in a day or so...unless someone else does it for me lol

There's a rain on a window movie/open source in the movie section that is probably close to what you want. Just do a search for rain in the movie section.
    Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste". Computer graphics, animation, logos, mascots (Vector work a specialty.).

Serve Cold - Keep On Ice Mr. Tackle's Avatar
    like this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok i've done a quick FLA for ya to show you what we are all talking about. Its Flash MX just to warn u...

Its a crap animation but will give you the idea of how you can create a drip animation. Hope it helps!

All the best
    Attached Files Attached Files

Funny, i was gonna do this yesterday when i first saw the post, but figured someone would have beat me to it. This morning when no one had I did one. then there is another. funny. but you can see two different techniques to acheive the same solution.

Originally posted by Mr. Tackle
    Funny, i was gonna do this yesterday when i first saw the post, but figured someone would have beat me to it. This morning when no one had I did one. then there is another. funny. but you can see two different techniques to acheive the same solution.
    I thought the same...aint had much time to do it but got time this morning...no one had posted so i made one...by the time i came back and posted that one u had posted...lol

you hit 100!

Thanks for all the reply's people!

Ima give it a go..

Will report back if i get more stuck and if i make it work with thanks

SiMON