A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hansliebschercopperwks.com

Originally posted by alexxlea
    are the paper textures a joke?
    i mean they ruin the site.
    like 1 gradient little colored boxes with cut edges...
    Just finished checking out your personal site, and you're making fun of this copper site?!

It's like a Pinto trash talking a BMW!

Re: Re: how to "review" a cool site??

OK..I am always open to different view points and can appreciate other professional, intelligent opinions! =) I wold have to agree with your opinion,..100% as I tend to do the same thing...you find something you like...and when they release somethign new..you heck it out...like music, like art (if you follow an artist),..an author..etc.. But on the flip side of this (as I feel it "IS" relevant to point out..is that 2A is a company...with MANY people who are the project leads or lead designers. Each with a different style and skill set. That being said, I would think to review this project with the idea of "2A" designed it, is unfair and really missing the mark. Now to say this is "Shanes" latest,.. see how his style has progressed/degressed from previous work and do I still feel like I enjoy looking and his experiments and do I feel like he pushed himself and was innovative to previous work..etc..etc "THAT" I would consider a fair judge of how he put his "mark" the the latest project..but to group a "company" with many different design leads, and clients, each with different tastes and requiements, is sorta passing judgement with out REALIZING the limiting factors and other requirements. Also the difference between following an artist or musician and following a design company is the former usually has more freedom and does it for the love.etc..etc.. (in the beginning)=) than a company based on making money and paying their bills. (more of a moot point I know as music, art is also a business)

Looking back on Nevils post I guess what I said can also be applied to a company in some form, as many view "2A" a company that delivers a certain style and level of work, when their "image" of that doesnt not live it up they "bash" it.

-whispers-

Originally posted by nevil
    Your comment
    "and it doesnt matter WHO designed it...the site is what is in question/review!"

I think this is not so true, as web design is art to many people, an art form of kind, in the art world we pay attention to art in relation to its artist, or a photograph from a famous photographer, or lets say films, another creative medium, two films can be great, but if one is made by steven spielberg, that is important to us to know as we want to see how he has put his mark on the latest creation.

Another comment you made

"as your opinion is based on things NOT relevant in the real/corporate/designer world"

I kinda agree with this, as what tends to happen is lots of people give there opinions which might not be valuable in a proffesional sense that can almost become the common opinion, I know I am influenced by things people say, but am I being wrongly influenced sometimes from too many comments that are more personal and have less relevance to my proffesional work?

Yes I believe personal attacks comparing my portfolio site to the site that the thread is about in terms of vehicles is very pertinent to the topic.
    Especially when they come from a user with three posts.
    Please actually try saying something about the subject of the topic yomommasaho. Either that or you can just try a different forum.
    Have a wonderful day!
    http://www.gpathmedia.com!

Originally posted by alexxlea
    Yes I believe personal attacks comparing my portfolio site to the site that the thread is about in terms of vehicles is very pertinent to the topic.
    Especially when they come from a user with three posts.
    Please actually try saying something about the subject of the topic yomommasaho. Either that or you can just try a different forum.
    HEY Jester I feel ya pain ..
    Someone just did that to one of my portfolio sites on another thread. WHATS THIS WE GOTTA HAVE A CERTAIN STATUS TO COMMENT?

P.S. Then it was the oldest one in my portfolio.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF
    See full complaint here > www.actionfx.net/complaint.htm

Originally posted by yomommasaho
    Just finished checking out your personal site, and you're making fun of this copper site?!

It's like a Pinto trash talking a BMW!
    this is such a pathetic attitude to take.

these forums are for constructive comments on sites that other members post. If you can't make a constructive comment, whether it's positive or negative, without attacking someone personally then I suggest you don't post at all.

there is nothing that says you have to be able to make a better site to be able to commen. It's like saying you can't talk about the film you just saw unless you make a better one. It's the most annoying attitude ever.

Anyone can participate and comment as long as they do so constructively, I don't care if they've never made a site before in their lives they are still allowed to have an opinion.

keep your comments constructuve and on topic, these forums are heavily moderated and personal attacks will just get you banned.

Back to the original topic...

I really enjoyed this site, because there was no over-animation, but great choice of colors, good typography, and delivered it's content well. I think the owner, should be extremely pleased with the product they received.

Finally they are getting influenced.
    Those kind of sites are not what they do best.