dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Clouds

Clouds

Is there anyway to make good clouds in flash? I dont want to have real clouds becuase it wont look good with my movie

So you want like cartoonish clouds? I guess you could take the circle tool, and draw a bunch of circles. Or draw then using any of the other tools. You can also use trace bitmap on a picture of real clouds to make it look vector.

well i mean tracing real clouds wont really work to good becuase real clouds are usaly long and big and stuff, and just circles dont look great thats what i have been using, and drawing them out was kinda what i was talking about but i was wondering if there was any easier way of doing it or some tequnich i could use

Pen tool? unfortunatly there isnt like a stamp for it or anything so you are aganna have to make it. Use the pen tool and put points around were you want the cloud to be, then use the black pointer and bend the lones out. If the shape seems off then use the white pointer and move some of the points around.

Here's a sample of some I've done that I am pretty pleased with. I use them over and over again. If you use them change them a little and make them your own.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste". Computer graphics, animation, logos, mascots (Vector work a specialty.).

Here's an mx version. The V5, doesn't seem to work.
    Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste". Computer graphics, animation, logos, mascots (Vector work a specialty.).

Serve Cold - Keep On Ice Mr. Tackle's Avatar

another

Try this.
    creat a new mc in that mc create a circle (oval dont seem to work as well) with no stroke and a radial gradient goes from 100% alpha white in the middle the alpha 0% at the edge.
    Go back to the main time line and drag that mc on to the stage. Copy that mc a few times and over lap the edges.

you have to make this as an mc or else you wont get the right look. You can also adjust the alpha and color of the mc.

Just another tequniqe.

That's pretty sweet Mr. Tackle. Very atmospheric.