A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Buttons 2 - again!

Smile

OK, another question : in Flash4 there's the possibility to edit the on mouse click status, to for example, if mouse down then...., but how can I do this in Flash5.
    I've got abutton that shows a list when the mouse is "down" but how can I make the list to stay there when I do not click the mouse anymore? Don't know if anyone understands what I'm looking for....sorry!

Are you trying to make a menu that pops up when you click on a button? Explain a little more what you're trying to do, and I'll see if I can hopefully help.

Are you looking for the With command???? Because once you use the onmouseevent command with the press attribute all you have to do is state WITH, to communicate to existing movie clips and variables.

I think it's more simple than that

What I want to do is click on a button and then a new movieclip starts running, which at the end doesn't go away but stays there visible,even though I'm not clicking the button anymore. I know this must be easy as **** but it's been some time I don't use Flash anymore and I just wanted to give it a go again.