A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: EmErGenCy HELP!!!

EmErGenCy HELP!!!

My name is Skyler Hilburn. I am a high school student who is designing a website for a school organization. I have come to an impass with actionscript. I have the site pretty much completed except for this roadblock. Here is the problem:

I have a series of buttons nested within a movie clip, which is on the main timeline.

I need the buttons when clicked (on release) to gotoAndPlay the corresponding scene.

I have tried _root and _level0 but I do not know if I have used them correctly.

To get to the menu – go to the library – open the movie clips folder – scroll down to “ menu “ open it and there you will see the buttons that need to be linked to the scenes. (do not open Menu.swf it is not the correct movie clip).

You can get the fla file from this link: http://members.cox.net/skydesign/jcl.fla

It was designed in Macromedia Flash MX.

IF ANYONE IS WILLING TO JUST SPEND A FEW MINUTES TO HELP ME, MY ORGANIZATION AND ME WOULD BE SO VERY GREATFUL. WE REALLY NEED TO GET THE SITE UP AND I WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE TO COMPLETELY REDESIGN THE MENU SYSTEM, YOU ARE WELCOME TO USE ANY OF THE SWF FOR YOUR OWN USE, AND I WILL PUT A LINK TO YOU IF YOU HELP ON THE SITE.

WE ARE DESPERATE!

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post!

Thanks again,

Sky

Scenes can not be targeted from within a movieclip. You have to make a framelabel on the frame where you want to go and target that.

on(release){
    _root.gotoAndPlay("myFrameLabel");
    }

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com