A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrollbars not appear when upload

Animator

Scrollbars not appear when upload

When i click on the button the external swf load in the scrollpane and scrollbars appear when check locally but when i upload the scrollbars not appear. The loader is also not viewable when upload. Please find the attached file and solve my problem.

Please check this page (the problem)...i uploaded........

http://cgshowcase.netfirms.com/try/try.htm
    Attached Files Attached Files

Animator
    Find loader file....

Animator
    Please help guys....i need urgent help.

Banned
    In my case, .flas need to be in MX only format.

Works just fine over here. Do you have the Flash 7 plug-in installed on the browser you're testing with?

Animator
    rdoyle please check again in the IE 6. In my system Flash Player 7 is installed for browser also.

On click it loads without scrollbar but click again on that then load with scrollbar.

Works fine locally but upload to the website then not works.

oldnewbie i am creating in flash mx2004 then how can i send a flash mx file.

same problem scrollpane

having similar problem, swf works fine on local maching, but when uploaded to server they do not show up, thought that it may have something to do with the way i ftp the files, have used different ftp clients in ascii, binary auto and passive mode, no difference, could it be a server issue, any ideas thanks

Banned
    Ashras99, you can try saving a copy of your .fla (using Save As) but as a MX only format document, in the bottom box of the "Save As" window.

Animator
    Oldnewbie, i am using Flash mx 2004 components. If i save to flash MX then all the components, actionscript 2 will remove automatically. Can you tell me then how will u see it and solve my problem. Then i will send you the flashmx file.

Banned
    Well that takes me out of the game! I'm on MX only!

Animator
    so anyone can help ????

I did check on IE 6. I just checked it again on IE 6 and it works fine. Are you testing on dialup or broadband?

You might consider going to Macromedia Exchange and downloading the Flash MX UI Components for MX 2004. The component won't look quite as snazzy, but will be a smaller filesize and you should then be able to send it to people using MX only if you need further help.

Animator
    I am on dialup.

rdoyle720, you r getting no prob at first click, page load with scrollbar or u r clicking two times.

mwave also point out the same problem and i think someone also in this forum point out but can't find out now.

And loading profress bar is not working at all when uploading. You can't see because you are on fast connection.

I am not able to understand what you want to say download flash UI components for mx2004. In my system mx 2004 is installed then why download flash ui components. Can you give me direct link so i can check it out. What you want to say.

Banned
    I think what rdoyle720 is saying is that you should go and download the first set of components that were available for Flash MX only (not MX2004), and to re-create your present movie using that old scrollpane component, using actionscript 1.0 (and not 2.0), so that guys like me who are still on MX only, can help you out, because then you'll be able to save your .fla in a Flash MX only format, and we will be able to open it up in Flash MX only.

Animator
    oldnewbie can you give me direct link of that component.

Banned
    Think this is it, but not sure...

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/ex...423&view=sn111

Yes, that's the right link. A good reason to use the older components is because they're much smaller in file size. MX 2004 components are about 40K, MX components are about 10K.

I just tested this on Safari and Firefox, still works.

Animator
    ok..i will try then tell you.

Animator
    I installed the flashmx components in the FLashmx 2004. I tried flash mx scrollpane component. And tried following scripting...but didn't work. Please tell me what the right one...

On click of button
    -------------------

on(release) {
    _root.target.loadScrollContent = "second.swf"

}

And rdoyle please check my personal website for which i trying this...Actually external swf load in the flashmx 2004 scrollpane with scrollbar when we click on the button but external swf also show-up outside the scrollpane on first click, if we click again on button it shows ok...within scrollpane with scrollbars. Please check, you also getting this problem or some problem in my system.

http://cgshowcase.netfirms.com

Only click on Contact, Resume and Tutorial button because only these links working right now.

Banned
    Those scrollbars appear fine for me the first time around. No problem there!
    What's your OS and browser?