A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preloading images before Flash begins loading?

Preloading images before Flash begins loading?

Is it possible to ensure that a page loads completely before the flash movie begins loading?

For an html page with a few images it doesnt look too good when the page appears to load the images really slowly because the Flash preloader has started sucking the bandwidth.

ta

Make a preloader for the flash stuff. Do a search on here, there are plenty of preloader examples.

I have a preloader, this wasnt the question.

When the page loads everything tries to download at the same time, the flash preloder appears, and there are still some images half finished. I wanted to know if there was a way of making flash wait until the page was complete before attempting to load, so at least the page layout/background is in place.

Try optimizing your images on your HTML page so the total size of the page isn't over 50kbs. Sounds like the images are to big so the flash loads faster.

all images on the page total about 20k

its just 4 strips of images surrounding the movie, top, right, bottom and left of it.

It just would be nice if this frame was complete before things started hapening inside it.

Yes there is one solution, but I dont have time to looking for that!
    What? Well, I just want to tell you that solution for you exist, but you have to search for it! Maybe on this site you can find some javascript (exixt javascript which use to hold page white till all page dont download and after loading quickly open all page, just in a sec)