A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new webpage...need some feedback on it, plz!

my new webpage...need some feedback on it, plz!

hi @ all

this is my new wabpage...well at least the main page and a menue...

how do u lke the menue and the style overall??

any suggestions?

thanx in advance

http://www.arjang.forumlan.de/index.html

no comments?

Just two quick comments. First, the left side edge of the large red shape in the middle is unnaturally flushed with the b/w photo. The right side is perfect since it touches the edge of the sidewalk. Second, visitors need to be aware that they need to use the person as the navigation. It took me a few seconds to figure out where the navigation was.
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

thanx for reply...

how shloud i design the red part? shloud i make it more blury as it goes over to the b/w picture?

and the problem with the navigation:

i was gonna make an intro that kind of shows u that the picture of me is the navigation....

any thing eles? what about the navigation in generall? i thought it a fresh idea to make it this way what do u think?

Flash Retard
    I think it's a fresh look and is very enticing. You definitely need to give some kind of clue about the navigation. I didn't mind the sharp red border but since it was pointed out if you can fix it, do. Other than that I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.
    12 Stones rocks!!!

I like it! I'm not quite sure why but it is something totally unexpected. I caught myself smiling the entire time I was looking at it. Very different. Good job! I agree with the others about the navigation but I'm sure you will figure something out. Looking forward to seeing more.

I think the overall idea is good but you have to give the users an idea where the navigation is. Some users might just think its a picture.

I like it alot. I agree about the edge, I think a blur might look good since that portion of the image is blurry or maybe a simple fade instead of the harsh edge.

Maybe if you just lightly pulsate the red on the persons parts one time each it will make the person stand out and people will get the gist. Took me a tic.

Nice picture, captures attention very well and makes me smile too

Good job!
    Roxanne
    King's Court Productions
    Swish2 2003.05.20

thanx for ur replies, glad to hear your comments... im working on the website as hard as i can so stay tuned...

Hi back!

as i said im still tryin' to imptrove my website's look..

right now my biggest problem is:

that "red thing "..that was supposed to be the area where u could see
    the website's content..but progressing i realised its not enough to cover any of the content of my site!

now i wanted to know if u have anything that i could use instead of that red thing..i don/t wanna go with stupid red squares or anything..
    what i was thinking of is creating something with photoshop something like a piece of paper or something (in red)...
    what u think ?? please post any ideas

thanx alot in advance

If you are still going for the red road idea... You could always expand the road to the amount of space needed for each link. So if I clicked "art", the road could grow vertically or horizontally... but make it creative, like the feel of swirving in a drivers view or something... maybe have objects on the side move by giving a perspective of motion.

I think overlapping the left image of cars on the red road will help define it.

I would also mark where the navigation is.. like others it took me awhile to find out, and that makes for frustration to visitors.

Last edited by En-TACT; 03-24-2004 at 05:39 PM.

I liked it. I thought it was a bit slick with the navigation. But agree that there needs to be some sort of clue as to its location. Red is a hard color to use and you did it well nice job
    "Shhhhh I have insomnia and Im trying to sleep it off."

sorry i dont understand ur idea with the road! how can it grow? if it does it would cover some of the backgorund picture..

and no i dont wan to stick with the road thing doesn;t matter what ever looks good and doesn't destroy the overall layout!

I WILL GIVE A CLUE WITH THE NAVIGATION...AS SOON AS THE REST IS DONE, PROBABLY IN FORM OF AN INTRO OR SOMETHING..I'LL SEE

any sugestions for the red part?
    Last edited by arjang; 03-24-2004 at 06:00 PM.

no one? no ideas? 2bad

very unique menu, the editing of the photo is smooth, what kind of content and font color are you intend on using? Is the red background where your text is going to be placed? Is your black and white photo going to be just that and not color?

yeah im gona try to keep the b/w backgorund picture.. im still thinking about the red backgorund... i kinda wann to replace it with something that gives me more space and variety to put text and thumbnails on it but i dont know what to replace it with...

i will use Times new roman (or wht ever its called) as the main font and the text is gonna be mostly white if not than red!

2004 Copytigts by Arjang Rastegar (OXIN studios)
    mistake?
    Great minds think for themselves.

yepp

GREAT NAV SYSTEM !!

Is there going to be something on the right foot too?

Might want to center stage on the web page though.

Just a thought

Originally posted by N_R_D
    GREAT NAV SYSTEM !!
    Might want to center stage on the web page though.

what do you mean?