A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loading bar

loading bar

is there any tutorials one making a loading bar because i can seem to find any.....

Banned

ok well i added my loading bar and well like i just made to key frames at the start and followed the tutorial then added my site but now my buttons dont work...like the effects i added......and well i even checked by deleting the loader layers and all and well they worked......why dont they work.....

Banned
    Are you loading in an external movie?

Attach your .fla. Zipped up and in MX only format.

ok all i have so far is the main page of what its gonna look like but the buttons aren't linked to anything yet.....when u see it u'll get an idea......keep in mind im still a n00b so......here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    Your .fla is in MX2004 format. I can't open it. Save a copy (with Save As) of it in MX only format... Bottom box of the Save As window.

ok here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

I used that tutorial and even though it worked a few times it stopped and now I still cant see my preloader .. can anyone help? ;-)

http://www.angelfire.com/blues2/0ne/movie/pumpit2.swf 3.2 mb movie

Banned
    Your preloader works fine! Although you have a bar size problem... It doesn't properly fill the bar's outline border.
    Of course, when the file is cached, and you press refresh, you won't see the preloader until you empty your cache.

are u saying that to me or the other guy??????? because i still dont no how to fix my problem.......

Banned
    I was saying that to o0neo...

Had a quick look (I will again) at your file and although you also have a problem with the width of your bar, the preloader seemed to work (I'll have to check it again...) but, as I recall, you had no scripts on your buttons, so was that the problem?

Banned
    Ok. Changed the script on the first frame to this...

bytes_loaded = Math.round(this.getBytesLoaded());
    bytes_total = Math.round(this.getBytesTotal());
    getPercent = bytes_loaded/bytes_total*100;
    this.loadBar._xscale = getPercent;
    this.loadText = Math.round(getPercent)+"%";
    if (bytes_loaded == bytes_total) {
    this.gotoAndPlay(3);
    }

And your preloader works fine. Note that you can't really test this locally, and you should really test it online.
    You can simulate the viewing of the preloader, when testing your movie locally, by selecting "Show Streaming" under "VIEW", while testing your movie in the application, or by hitting CTRL->ENTER, again when testing your movie in the application.

OK!.....i dont think anyone here understands my problem.....the loader works fine....its just with the loader in place by buttons dont work on my main navagation. I dont see the over or down effects when i got over them they just turn grey which they aren't suppose to....how would i fix it so it works.........