dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash & HTML frames

Byron Zed
    Ok,
    So I have 2 images, 1 is the navigation, and the other is the menu with the content in it. I want to create 2 HTML frames in fp2000, and have each image in it's own frame (one on the right, the other on the left). Now, each button in the navigation has get url that contains the suitable .swf file, and it should be placed inside the menu screen. I want to use the Window to target the exact position of the menu frame. Meaning, I want to call the frame _menu for instance, and have the 'window' set to _menu. I have 5 buttons and 5 .swfs all in all, and I need each to go to _menu when pressed. How do I go about doing this? how do I name the frame in fp2000 _menu? and how do I position the .swf to be exactly on the right place inside the menu frame?
    Makes sense? if not, I'll try to elaborate on the matter..
    If anyone could advise on doing this, or has any ideas what I should do, it would be great!

Thanks in advance..

Peace,
    Danny.
    [Edited by bzed on 11-13-2000 at 01:13 PM]

I kind of have an idea

but do you have a web site that you saw that did this you could point me to exactly?

Byron Zed
    Hi richard,
    I can't say I came across a site that handles flash with html frames, so I cannot forward you to one =/ if I did have a site that does that, it would've made my life alot easier, since I would've been able to see it myself, and compare to mine. If you still have any suggestions or ideas that might help me, I would appreciate them..

your help is needed!

peace.

Byron Zed
    I wasn't thinking straight yesterday so it seems.. I published each .swf with it's own html, and just used the window target to load the html in the left frame.. gee, and I made it sound so complicated..

Anyhow, thanks for trying to help me, it's greatly appreciated

Have a good one.

Peace.