A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cool BBall game

http://www.durasound.com

It's under Entertainment>Games [ only 100KB ]

Please let me know if you hve any problems with it.
    It took me one afternoon to complete and I'd say it's better
    than anything similar done with Flash.

Some people told me it was too complicated. I on the other hand rarely miss 2 or 3 pointers and score in the mid 30s

That's why I'm looking for some feedback, Thanks.

Senior Moderator
    I Like it alot only one problem whether your power is higher or lower than the red bar it always bounces off the hoop if my power was lower shouldnt the ball drop before the hoop!?!?!?!

Oh and can you not constrain the distance that the orange moving bar can move on the y axis cos i lost it after a while!!right off the screen it went!!Just another two lines of code!!!

Still cool game matey!!!those graphics are ace!!!

Verry nice

Very cool, yep I like it a lot. Now I have one sugestion + the Guru's. Now if you press the mouse button so the yellow bar goes behind the red array and release it when the yellow bar goes in the red array press S. So All I had to do is move the yellow bar behind the red array. This makes the game predictable I got 40 points. Hey Guru how many youve got buddy? Otherwise the Game Is Killer. How did you do those graphs. I bet in Max Studio or Poser right ?
    Mad-Sci

Yes, that's pretty much the only way to do it. Keep clicking until you get the orange/yellow bar to the right of the red area and then let it go until it gets in and press S. I get btween 36 and 39 points, 40 only twice.
    This is why I am asking for feedback [ which you guys provided , thanks ]. I can make it harder, but don't think it is necessary. There is still a way to get 45 points or even more. One of my tries I got 36 with 3 misses [ all 3 pointers ] had I made all shots would have had 45 pts. Sometimes I make all shots but I guess was slow in clicking and end up with only a dozen shots and 36 points.

I definitely should add a couple of more animations so you shoot an airball if you shoot with very little power so it's not always the same back rim miss.

I'll keep the small moving bar the way it is, so it can go even off screen, if I constrain it it will be easier. This way the game punishes you if you fall asleep :-)

Thanks again for checking it out and court and basket were done in Truespace shooter is a regular Poser kid.
    I could have modeled a nicer basket, but this was really just one afternoon of experimenting and it turned nicely
    [ I wanted to spend more time with Flash than modeling baskets ]. With some more tweaking could even be very cool.

43 points

Newer version though [ you are rewarded by alternating 2 and 3 point shots, each time you switch position orange bar resets just next to the red area, so if you are a quick mouser you get to take more shots that way ]

Should add more variety, no?

Dont do anything more

This is what I think. The game is cool enough. Hapy flashing man.
    Mad-Sci