A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: a call to arms :: look inside

I want in too!
    |"Silence teaches you how to sing"

hey guys... before we go too deep into "what's next"... let me say a few words.

Team FK... thank you.

You all did your best, and it showed through your volleys. Some of you guys had never been in a inter-community battle before, and I hope the weird mix of your teammates cheering, the trash talking, your teammates offering assistance that you hopefully listened to, the sharing of technique, and above all the solidarity from working on a team effort.

If you didn't get that, then I'm sorry. That's what I was attempting to promote; ultimately FK's Arena is a place where we all grow, share, and above all offer critiques that help us become better. Not because somebody thinks they're better than you; no. It's just about becoming better, and learning how to take some things in stride; like compliments, criticism, and above all learning how to put together a constructive critique that is based on more than opinion. Oh, and dropping the whole "I'm the ****" attitude too... nobody here is better than anybody.

It's just a place where we all showcase out work, share technique, learn from each other, and who knows... there's a lot of professionals and companies that lurk these parts. That's why I say have fun, but keep it somewhat professional.

To the people that's been in these type of contests before, you were helpful in assisting multiple people, coming up with concepts, and even making sure that the flow of the game was maintained.

Again, thanks.

But anyway, FK will either be challenged, or will challenge, again. I'm sure we'll rise to the occasion.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Yep, it was a really cool battle, we all got to learnt some new things.
    Thanks FK for the battle, but next time, I'll be on the yellow side!
    |"Silence teaches you how to sing"

If there's ever an open slot, I'll be sure to join.

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    yes have to agree i really enjoyed watching this battle unfold, hopefully i might get a slot in a future battle, I kinda regret (in a good way) missing this one.

and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

yo

hey all you FK'ers... i just wanted to congradulate everyone who participated in the battle against DP for a JOB WELL DONE>... it was a lot of fun and maybe sometime soon we can do another... everyone cranked out some nice volleys and it was cool seeing everyone's as the battle unfolded... so thanks for a great battle peoplez....

lata

dave @ dp
    Please visit http://www.designphorum.com