A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: embedding fonts, or font symbol, for dynamic text?

embedding fonts, or font symbol, for dynamic text?

Hello.

I use the same fonts throughout my website. The site itself is modular in nature, meaning several movies are loaded into and on top of one another. I have a shared library that all movies use for certain assetts.

My question is this. Can I embed or create a font symbol to apply to a dynamic text field that loads a .txt file? Instead of using a font the user has, I would like them to view the text in a pixel font that I use throughout the site.

Can it be done and what is the best method.

Banned
    Embedding a font in a dynamic textfield is no problem. Hit the Character tab in the textfield's properties, and select Embed All.
    You can also set up a new font in the Library, set linkage, and use the embedded font in dynamically created textfields.

Thanks oldnewbie for replies on all my posts. The other text box actionscript method works perfectly for my project.

ok, a few more questions.
    So I made a font symbol in my shared library. How do I assign that font symbol to my text fields? Do I just go ahead and select the font used from the font menu. Do I have to import it in to the movie that will be using it.

I tried importing it and looking for the name I gave it in the font list, but it wasn't there. I'm a little confused now.