A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: view of a movie in browser

Question

I've made a movie for web site and when I test it to see how it would look in a browser (1.file 2.previsualization of publication 3.HTML),everything shows up in the upper left side of the screen.I wonder if this happens because I need to change the dimensions of the movie in the movie properties dialog,Now I have 550px X 400px.Could anybody help me?.Thank's.

Smile

just a suggestion.....

is your screen setup for 1024x768, then a 550x400 movie will only show on the left upper corner of the browser windows.

you can set the publish setting at
    file > publish setting >

at the "HTML" tab, set the demension as 100 % x 100 %, then your movie will fit full screen.

hope this will help.

------------------

Wink

Hi yeenhin,
    I've made what you suggested and it works,thank you very much.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Just a note if people are viewing your site on a different browser with different options open or closed this may distort your site in the browser. Make sure you set the scale value to exact fit. This will ensure that the movie will not scale out of shape. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Just wondering do you not find when you set the movie to exact fit that it can distort the movie forcing it to fit ie: over streaching it width wise or height wise.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Good catch. I meant to say show all. The only bad thing that I had forgoten about was that the flash movie can become extreamly small in the window. thats why I use pop ups so much and why I like the exact fit setting. Regards, Bill