dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: browser windows without address bar

browser windows without address bar

i no its not exactly a flash question but this problem has resulted from another string i started last week, does anyone know hat to make a browser window without an address bar in it? can it be done in dreamweaver or would it have to be scripted with something like java?

Many thanks

david

"Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

thanks for the help but unfortunatly the first one, which is ideal doesnt generate a window without an address bar and its full screen despite setting the properties. ill keep looking and will repost if i dont find anything else.

think the link you sent me is for flash 5 only and im using mx

cheers

david

I have used that link dozens of times. It works...trust me. Make sure you check/uncheck all of the appropriate boxes.

And yes - it works for flash mx. Actually...when you go to the link...click the generate pop up button. The defaults make one with no addr. bar.

RH
    Last edited by hanratty21; 03-31-2004 at 02:55 PM.

ive tried copying the exact code from the site and pasting it in hte actions to my button, still produces a window with address bar which is full screen.

that is what happens when i try from just the swf file, when i put it into a web page and ftp it, nothing happens at all when the butotn is clicked!

any ideas where im going wrong?

thanks

heres the code ive been using:

on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('http://www.davidturpy.com/form2.htm','Application Form','width=300,height=300,left=0,top=0,toolbar=N o,location=No,scrollbars=No,status=No,resizable=No ,fullscreen=No'); NewWindow.focus(); screen_height = window.screen.availHeight; screen_width = window.screen.availWidth; left_point = parseInt(screen_width/2)-(400/2); top_point = parseInt(screen_height/2)-(300/2); setTimeout('NewWindow.moveTo(left_point,top_point) ',100); void(0);");
    }

Code:
    on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('http://www.davidturpy.com/form2.htm','ApplicationForm','width=300,height=300,left=0,top=0,toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=No,status=No,resizable=No,fullscreen=No');  NewWindow.focus();      void(0);");
    }

on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('http://www.davidturpy.com/form2.htm','ApplicationForm','width=300,height=300 ,left=0,top=0,toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=No ,status=No,resizable=No,fullscreen=No'); NewWindow.focus(); void(0);");
    }

Straight from that site.
    Last edited by hanratty21; 03-31-2004 at 04:10 PM.

sorry for being stupid but its still not working, could you have a look at the attached files and see where im going wrong? ive simplified the the form, it now just contains 1i big blue button which has the a/s on it.

thanks

david
    Attached Files Attached Files

No prob - and no - it's not stupid...this is a long javascript string. You probably just had some syntax wrong.

Anyway, check the attached file. When you test it...don't test from within flash...it wont work as you want. Publish it..open the html, then test it...should work fine.

RH
    Attached Files Attached Files

wooohooo!!! works brilliantly!! thanks so much for your help, looked at the actionscript, looks very similiar to mine but never mind ey?!!

thanks again

regards

david