A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April Fool's stories... share yours here.

April Fool's stories... share yours here.

Did you get somebody on April Fool's so well, you just had to tell somebody?

Well, that's the purpose of this thread.

I got two to tell. One that's old, and one that's recent - READ: it just happened

The old one first... it was my freshman year in college, and I was paired off with the only roommate I had during my entire time in college. Anyway, dude was a pure loser, but he had the absolute biggest, loudest alarm clock I have ever had the displeasure of hearing.

And get this... he'd still sleep through this damn near siren sounding thing.

Well, it was April Fool's Day, and I was bored. So about four of my closest friends decided to play a joke on dude. We started moving his stuff to lobby. All of it. Including the bed. We pulled a sheet between two people, made knots in it to make it easy to hold/carry, and we carried the heavy sleeper from hell out to the same level lobby - first floor.

He woke up, in the lobby, in his bed. April Fool's indeed.

The other one... heh. I'll save it for later... it's a good one...

Anybody else?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

When we log into our network we get a little message, today it reads:
    The ICT Department are offering a prize to observant users. If you present yourself at the server room before 12:00 today and say the phrase of the day "Frail Loop" then you will receive a mystery prize!

this is not the appropriate forum.
    Last edited by swampy; 04-01-2004 at 07:34 AM.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    emm where's GMF??

bratok this is not the place to post these images, even at 1st of April

I'd edit them immediately

seriously, NO, they are funny I'll grant you this, but too inappropriate to the viewers of this site

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by bratok
    this is not the appropriate forum.
    General Help could use a little livening up - mebbe he could post his naughty seaside cartoons over there.

Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    General Help could use a little livening up - mebbe he could post his naughty seaside cartoons over there.

Shhhhhhhhh we're not supposed to talk about them, I'll mail them to you as usual

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by el-Ignoramus
    I'll mail them to you as usual
    Ch-Ching.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Not something I did, but I thought you guys (and girls) might appreciate this...

A year ago, my girlfriend and I are driving in her car. She gets all serious and says "I'm pregnant."

We drive on for about 5 minutes in complete silence, my stomache in my throat and my head swirling (I was also having daily, severe panic attacks at the time, so this triggered one of the worst I've ever had). I was about an inch away from rolling down the window and throwing up, when she smiles and says "April fools."

=^_^=

She just tried the same thing again by phone this morning: didn't fall for it like last time, but there's still a momentary blip of absolute panic.

Ladies, just let me stress that it is never, ever a good idea to tell your boyfriends that you are pregnant as a joke. They will not, I repeat, not find it funny.
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

The Observer
    Originally posted by el-Ignoramus
    Shhhhhhhhh we're not supposed to talk about them, I'll mail them to you as usual
    Can I get them too?

This is really terrible...

...but I sent a friend of mine a loong looong suicide note in the mail so it would arrive on April fools. Went on for like 10 pages until like the last sentence where I got her.

The next year, she had one of her friends call up and pretend to be my girlfriend's father (at the time) saying he found condoms and loveletters and he was coming over to kick my ass. She had never met this girl's Dad, she just lucked out that her friend sounded EXACTLY like him. I near crapped myself.

Now this morning, the alarm on my cell phone went off at 6:15 as usual, I went back to bed, looked at my alarm clock which tunes itself to the atomic clock, and it said 5:58 PM.

You think the guys who run that are having a bit of fun?
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Last year I put a bunch of chalkboard erasers on the hinge of the door, so when the teacher walked in all would fall on her head.

Well, she, at the time, was in a bad mood - walks in - and all those erasers fall right on her head.

"What is this; Kindergarden?!" -- she yelled hysterically.

Just there and then I stood up, smiled, and said 'April Fool's!"

Re: April Fool's stories... share yours here.

Originally posted by gerbick
    He woke up, in the lobby, in his bed. April Fool's indeed.
    You go from that to peeing on cars at one in the morning? Oh, the mighty have fallen.

lol. that leads into my second one.

last night, I told Nightwish and Fruitloops that I was going to go outside and urinate on my neighbors car. Well, I went outside, came back in, and rendered a 3D movie that said... April Fools.

Somehow though, MSN went offline last night and I couldn't log back on - damn you MSN!

But I was talking to Nightwish via AIM, so I sent him a movie called "pee_on_neighbors_car.mov"... well, he thought I really did it.

And was giggling like mad when he thought I did that for real.

April Fools.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Lol, bastard!

So Nightwish actually accepted a file named that? Interesting.

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    o boy now thats a classic, calling out an april fool like that... nice one gerbick
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

I got killed today,

My best friends aunt/teacher at school/lady I sit next to at church/ my friend, told me she had a crush on me, I totally fell for it, and was trying to explain why it wouldn't work and blah blah, and then she started cracking up.

so embarrising.

Originally posted by alty29
    My best friends aunt/teacher at school/lady I sit next to at church/ my friend, told me she had a crush on me, I totally fell for it, and was trying to explain why it wouldn't work and blah blah, and then she started cracking up.

so embarrising.
    You mean that 50yr old lady that you were talking about earlier? LOL, hilarious!