dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swf

Swf

Hi. Is there a tool to convert an swf back to fla with all the information of programming and all the frames?

nope, sorry.

Yes. But they arent able to give you the action-script information. If you're looking though for a program able to show you the layout and structure, definitely there are utilities out there.

The thing is, I know very very little about script and I want to improve this car game. I want it to have more cars, an option for 2 players and to last much more than 5 miles, maybe have the options for 2 or 3 kind of races. And, maybe, have different tracks with curves. I think Im asking a lot but perhaps anyone out there may want to try this.

Heres the file:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Originally posted by WHEAT THlNS
    Yes. But they arent able to give you the action-script information. If you're looking though for a program able to show you the layout and structure, definitely there are utilities out there.
    Do you know which ones and where to get them from?

******* is one that I can think of off the top of my head. I know theres a "stigma" to asking for this type of utility since it SUPPOSEDLY leads to piracy, but seeing someones flash deconstructed helps to demystify the complexity of the program.

Originally posted by WHEAT THlNS
    ******* is one that I can think of off the top of my head. I know theres a "stigma" to asking for this type of utility since it SUPPOSEDLY leads to piracy, but seeing someones flash deconstructed helps to demystify the complexity of the program.
    Of course, Im no pirate. Im graphic designer and I found in Flash a great tool to work. I want to learn about it and I have learned a lot so far. But still, Im no expert in scripting and, whenever I find things out of my knowledge, I want to know how they were done. This is the thing with this game that, let me say, is for my own use and for personal fun.

I cant understand if "*******" is a joke or its really a program for what Ive asked.

Could you help me Wheat with that file? I think its easy to build what was donde there but I dont know how to start with it.

Lol - ******* is a program. And I dunno how to convert that since its not embedded in a webpage. Well what you COULD do is create a webpage, thats accessed locally, and then use ******* to break it apart. Go get ******* first.

Hi again Wheat. I got ******* Decompiler and it decompiles absolutely everything I think. The only problem I have is that it is all separated, Sprites, Frames, Sound, etc. I imagine where to put most of the files, but I dont know what sprites are and I have a folder with "shapes" which are files with the extension ".gls". What are these and where do I put the sprites?