A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Do you make money with Flash Mobile?

Do you make money with Flash Mobile?

1) Does anyone reading this board do commercial work with Flash Mobile?

2) If yes, do you sell applications directly to consumers, such as placing your app on handago?

3) or do you develop custom applications for business?

I have written 2 games for the Motorola A920. I wrote those for someone else who distributes them. They have not yet been released so no royalties have gotten back to me yet. I'll get 1£ per game downloaded.

thanks and good to know that atleast one person in this community is trying to do some mobile development.

Currently making...

I am currently in the process of making a small tester game to be sold directly to consumer (hopefully).

Bratok has had some success already with his Alley Cat game, making a tidy sum out of it.

W.
    Each success only buys an entrance ticket to a more difficult problem

thanks for the post. what devices are you supporting for your games and are you going to sell through handago or some similar site?

I am a total amateur to be honest, so I guess the answer to that is whatever devices the mobiclip converter supports.

I have asked mobitween (European license holders of mobiclip) about selling games, they say to either sell them the game at a set fee, get a flat rate per download, or a percentage of each download fee - they will distribute it for you. I think this is the only way to go for a small developer. Not too sure about the US.

Still reading into it all, very interesting stuff.

W.
    Each success only buys an entrance ticket to a more difficult problem

I released a freeware game a while ago for the Pocket PC that was made with Flash. You can download it at:
    http://www.omegamedia.com/products/p...ingo_orig.html

I wanted some experience with creating installers and releasing software. When I look up the # of downloads on handango, today they are listed at 1924. I've always considered handango to be the main mobile distribution site.

If I go to downloads.com, however, the number of downloads are 17,041. There are 800% more than handango.

If I were to release something in the future, I'd probably release trial versions in as many places as possible and then direct them to my site for purchase information (which today I would point towards handango). It seems that handango is a great place to sell your software but maybe not the best place to get it noticed.

There's also a bunch of very good info at the Association of Shareware Professionals: http://www.asp-shareware.org/ Next time I release something, I'll get a membership and do some research there.

Regards,
    Nader Nejat // Multimedia Consultant + Developer
    OmegaMedia // http://www.omegamedia.com
    "We help people take advantage of interactive media"

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar

Pocket PC Development

Hello,

For a while now, I've been tinkering with Flash, creating animations using the 3D Flash Animator product. I'm now just discovering the area of Pocket PC, and am interested in what might be necessary to try and develop Flash applications, and create a professional installer that would be needed to before distribution.

Could I possibly ask mmdev, or anyone else who knows better, what are the easiest installers to use to install Flash animation based products onto the Pocket PC platform? Are there any freeware ones, and if not, what is the minimum cost of such a package?

Also, what are the limitations of using Flash as a medium on the Pocket PC? (ie. What functionality of Flash isn't supported in the Pocket PC Flash plug-in)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Morgan
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

Bill Perry has an introductory article about creating Flash Projectors for PocketPC.

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/dev...s/sap_ppc.html

I think that Flash the Future book gets into the details of creating custom installers and icons for projectors.

Hopefully someone can provide you with specifics.

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    Many Thanks HP3,

At $499 a shot, I might need to find some cheaper options, but this is at least a good place to start.

Thanks,

Morgan.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

So you can actually make flashes for mobile phones? I have a Samsung V-200 which is one of the best Does anyone know if i can make flashes with Swishmax or Macromedia Flash for it. If so could you point me to a website that explains how to do it.
    Im new at this too I've only been using flash for 4 days.
    Swishmax is so easy to learn. Thanks.

no flash support for Samsung V-200 at the moment.

you can visit www.macromedia.com/devnet/devices for more information on Flash device development.