A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Kool Clip-Art

Kool Clip-Art

Due to a very heavy work schedule, health and financial reasons there is the possibility that my website offering clip-art made with Kool Moves may be off line for a while after April 19th. I apologize to Bob and any others who are using this site. Off line I am currently building a new, improved, and better organized clipart site with it's own domain name, featuring Kool Moves items, and still drawing more clipart images but these will not be finished and back up on line until sometime later this year (maybe in a few months).

Anyone interested in using any images from my site should try to down load them prior to the 19th. If someone is interested (maybe Makulaf?) in hosting the few tutorials that I have on their own site, let me know.

Kool Clip-Art

Super Moderator
    I don't understand why it needs to be off-line. Web sites run by themselves. If it is a question of paying hosting charges, contact me.

I will host whatever you want me to host.

Sorry, I should have worded that differently....

I haven't been feeling well am running quite short on dough lately due to the health and financial ramifications that come along with having cancer last year and my hosting service package expires on the 19th. Not sure if I will have enough cash onhand to renew that particular pre-paid package (but I may with some help from a friend) so I am looking for a different (less expensive) host for this and a few other sites I have and am planning, and with my busy schedule I am not sure if I will find one I like and have it all set up by the 19th, so I wanted to let everyone know, in case the old service terminates before I get the new one set up, that the site may be off line for a short period. The site is not going away, it just may be down for a short while and I will try to make it as short a time as possible.

I am also working long hours now trying to catch up on everything I fell behind on last year, so I don't have the time to dedicate to the site like I thought I would so I want to get rid of the tutorials and host ONLY the clipart images on my site. (I can always manage to doodle out some more images even though I may be busier with other things, but no longer have the time to make the little tutorials and/or keep them updated as newer versions of KM come out.)

With a little design help from a friend, I have already begun to build a more organized and professional looking re-design of the site featuring only the clipart images and fun files, and plan to switch the site to it's own domain name of koolclipart.com (due out, hopefully, later this year as time permits).

You were invited few months ago, but ...
    I can host your best pieces.
    And this is for your interest too: my KoolMoves section has hundreds of unique visitors each day !
    Build a "gold package" with your work (file size is not important),ZIP it, and give me a sign.

OK cool...

I will work this weekend to assemble and zip a package of at least 50 images to send, then I'll give you a holler.

In the meantime, I will keep working to resolve my silly little issues here, LOL. I am looking at new hosting services right now...

Re: OK cool...

Originally posted by Fingermonkey
    I am looking at new hosting services right now...
    No need for that.
    I have another offer for you: a subdomain.
    Free of charge,planty space,FTP account,email account,PHP,CGI and ... NO popups.
    Just pick up a cool name for it and give me a sign (again).

be healthy

It seems you already got some kool offers but I would just like to say I could host for you as well. Don't worry, anyone of of us will help you. Hope things get better for you.

If you want I would like to host your tutorials!
    If you will let me plz zip all the fun. files swf. and html pages
    thank you
    ~~Drew~~
    New Tutorial Site Coming
    Soon
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show....php?p=4118485

I wish you rest, health and renewal.

Your Action Script tutorials are remarkable and down to the level I need. This level of step by step detail is very difficult to do.
    Most "experts" don't know or understand how much they know and leave out basic steps that can be very puzzling to newbies.

You seem to be able to see the path needed to make clear logical steps from nothing to a successful Action Script effort.

I have not tried them yet (no guts) but have read them all and I have your sight saved. It would be a real loss to this community, not to mention all your work, to not have them available.

Thanks very much for your efforts.

Bob C.

I like this site also and have used some of the graphics. An amazing amount of patience.
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

Everything will still be available...

With help from a friend, I think I may have resolved the hosting issue, and in the near future will be purchasing a more suitable domain name for the site and have started a site redesign with an add-free search box and it's own e-mail accounts (due out later on as my time permits), but it will be dedicated only to drawing with Kool Moves and feature mostly clipart (fun files) drawn with Kool Moves and possibly some simple animations. Though I am not the best artist on the planet, it will be a lot easier for me to maintain a site that concentrates on one theme and what I like best (drawing).

I will donate what I no longer want to host - the current Tutorials, as well as the nav menus, headers, and banners to Makulaf if he wants them (and will zip them up for him sometime soon, when I get time or he can just copy them from my site if he wants). I will also donate any future tutorials to his site.

Thank you
    It would be great if you could make a zip file for me(whenyou get time)
    ~~Drew~~
    New Tutorial Site Coming
    Soon
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show....php?p=4118485

Thank you

I am one of the less advanced users of KoolMoves and I want you to know that your tutorials have been very helpful. Thank you for all your efforts. Good wishes go with you.