A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Electroserver problem

Electroserver problem

I have a problem that i can't fix.

It seems that when i test Electroserver 3 flash examples inside the Flash authoring enviroment i get an output error message that says

"
    C:\Program Files\Electrotank\ElectroServer 3\Examples\Flash MX\Basic Chat\as_files\ElectroServerAS3.as: Line 1: ';' expected
    //=~=+=~=+=~=+=~=+=~=+=~=+=~=+=~=+=~=+=~=+=~=+=~=+=~ =+=~=+=~=+=~=+

"
    I looked inside the ElectroServerAS3.as file and this section of code doesn't exist inside it. - 
    What is it? How is flash picking this up when it doesn't even exist? where did it come from?

Please help me. I cannot create what i want to create because of this. The movie just stops because it is an error. I'm going insane because of this...

Jobe Maker where the hell are you...I got your awesome book and have read all the chapters on multiplayer games but now i can't even use my knowlege. I have also tried re-installing but that doesn't work, you gotta help me.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

You might want to try resaving the file as a windows text file. I am guessing that somewhere along the lines the as file has been corrupted or converted to a different format (utf16?).

I would make sure there is no problem with the text file, maybe even copy and paste the data into a new file.

Thanks

Luke
    Flash-XML FAQ
    http://www.tupps.com/flash/faq/