A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: DWG files

DWG files

hi, a friend owns a local foundry and asked for the name of a readily available DWG viewer - just something to look at a digital blueprint and quote it, he won't be modifying the file whatsoever - i looked around a bit and found some (poor) freeware but i had some recollection that flash could open them... i tried on two different files and was unsuccessful - "unexpected file format" - no luck searching on macromedia... is there a plugin or something? what do i need to be able to view DWG's? and when macromedia says flash opens "DWG" do they also mean it'll open component files like IGES?

i'm kind of out of ideas so i'd appreciate any advice you could offer, tyia.

btw, im flashmx2004 prof. on XP and fairly current on all software versions (to the best of my knowledge).

I don't know of any off-hand, but I pulled up quite a few results from a google search. Have you checked out the options listed in the results of the search below? I could be wrong, but I've never heard of Flash being able to open .DWG files.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...=%2EDWG+viewer
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

yeah...

rush - thanks for the reply... i guess that answers my question - i don't know where i got that notion and yeah i used that same search verbiage on google this morning and tried most of those, they suck or aren't fully functional or expire after x uses or some other crap - mfg software sucks cuz it can. it's np, thanks for the help.

nice site, btw.

Thanks, sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Have you tried here,

http://www.opendesign.com/downloads/guest.htm

If it's just a one-off task, you can send me the .DWG. I'll import it into MAX and send you a screen shot over the weekend.

good luck!
    The MATRIX has you
    www.2112fx.com :: there is no spoon

-

thanks for the offer matrix, i used a trial vers to get that one open - i was just mixed up... strangely, i googled: "view dwg + flash" and got a load of returns, nothing useful (of course) i'm wondering if the cad program has a plugin or a conversion utility - not that it would matter since if we had the cad prog we wouldn't need to flash to open the file. i'm babbling and need sleep - thanks for the input fellas.