dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Compound Path vs. Style

Compound Path vs. Style

Howdy!

The solution to the following problem is probably right under my nose, but I couldn't figure it out..

I created a rectangle in Illustrator. I then added the "Stylize: ROUNDED CORNERS" to get the shape I wanted.

I then moved TEXT into this rounded rectangle and made a compound path.

As I knew would happen, the text was removed from the shape and it became one object.

The problem? ..Since the Rectangle had that style of rounded corners, when I made the compound path the same style was applied to the newly cut out letters!

Can anyone fill me in on how to handle this type of situation? I couldn't figure it out on my own..

-Zackski

see the picture below... which for some reason has little white edges on it.(?)
    Last edited by zackattackone; 04-14-2004 at 11:31 AM.

for those who like visual reference

are you using the stylize options under the filters menu or the effect menu? Believe it or not they actually do handle the transformation in different ways. If you use filter>stylize>rounded corners you shouldn't have this problem.

Thank you much for the answer.. I also found out from someone that the Pathfinder box is much easier to use than the route I was taking... but you taught me something else as well! thanks!

Zacker