A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: send email from projector

send email from projector

Does anyone know how I can send an email from a projector file? I know how to do it from .swf, but not from a projector file.

I need it for a cd I'm making with my portfolio. I will send it to my clients and when they want to contact me, they press a "send email"-button. Then an outlook-popup (or similair) should appear with my email address in it. (just like using getUrl).

If somebody knows please let me know!

Thanks

I did a quick search through the Standalones forum for "mailto" and it seems to me the way most people have recommended does not work (using GetURL) on XP and possibly other systems.

Northcode suggested an interesting technique here,

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...ghlight=mailto

but I did not try it out. I'd suggest searching the Standalone forum. You will need to sift through lots of "try my product" responses offered as "solutions" but may find some useful info as well.

another approach may be to emulate an email form in your Flash and then send the inputs to a server. That way you can convert them into an email on the server and send from there. Since you expect the user to have email access they should also have net access to allow this to work.

thanks! I didn't have to search for long fortunately, because jemail turns out to work just fine for me:

http://www.***********.com/?section=..._jtools_jemail

have a look (or maybe you did)

thanks a lot again!