dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Blurry Text

Blurry Text

rrrrrr this is making me mad

on my home page the text looks fabulous, crystal clear
    on my gallery page the text is blurry! gahhhh
    its embedded and all, its pissin me off, why is one clear and one blurry!

now the home page and gallery page are both dynamic text boxes loaded in...the only difference is the gallery has a scroller

now is it this scroller thats makin it blurry? my guess is yea. rrrrr death will come to blurry text
    Yarrg Matey!

If you are using a pixel font make sure that the TextArea is on a full x,y pos. Other than that you might try using the Aliased / anti aliased text button in the property inspector or invoking it through code, if you have Flash MX 2K4.

its kinda weird, some parts of it are blurry and some arent. I have it on full x,y positions, it is a pixel font, the antialias text is on..... i dunno wut it is?
    Yarrg Matey!

I've run into this at work. A designer used a pixel font in a design that looked fine in the .png, but when used in flash it was clear then got blurry then got clear again. The only other thing I can really tell you is that it might be the font itself. Fonts for Flash has been our solution at work. http://fontsforflash.com . We did a side by side comparison and their fonts looked the best.

its doing it with every font...ive tried arial, times new roman, multiple pixel fonts...everything
    Yarrg Matey!

Flash has never been known for it's rendering of fonts. Even "Regular" fonts don't look the same and look "fuzzy" at times. It seems to be the nature of the beast for now. At a macromedia seminar a presenter said that he could always tell right away if a web site had Flash in it because the "fuzzy" text gave it away. Don't really know what to tell you now, but try some diff. sizes and types i.e. True Type, Post Script, etc. Fonts for Flash is a sure thing though!

i tried FFF Harmony, no dice, o well ill just leave it be for now
    Yarrg Matey!