dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading swf's one by one ???

Loading swf's one by one ???

Much appreciated if someone could help me out with this one!
    How can I make my external swf's get loaded one by one in my main movie? When the first swf has been loaded totally, my main movie may only than load the next, not earlier. And so on...

My idea was to check totalbytes & loadedbytes of the loading swf if they are similar. If this is false stick to it, if it is true load next swf. I can not translate this question properly to Action Script 2 [MX 2004].

I tried to put all the AS in frame 1. The movie plays to frame 2 wich leads back to frame 1 to check the status again. No result.

I also tried a seperate mc, with the same actions as above shared over different frames, wich makes a lot of frames
    Frame 1 loads the movie en goes to frame 2.
    Frame 2 for checking total equals loaded, if Ok jump to frame 4 if not jump to frame 3.
    Frame 3 to get back to frame 2 (loop).
    Frame 4 loads the next movie en goes to frame 5.
    Frame 5 same as frame 2.
    so on until all external swf's are loaded.

Can please anyone help me out with this problem?
    ~~~~~~~ ><">

Let it be...
    I've got an easy solution.
    Each swf in a seperate frame with 'new MovieClipLoader()' (loading on different levels) and a 'stop();'.
    Each loaded swf (with preloader) has on their first frame the command '_level0.play();'
    ~~~~~~~ ><">

hi visaap. I'm looking for a similar solution. Been searching around for awhile but most examples I find are too simple to work for what I need. Pellepiano had some good suggestions in a thread I was just looking at. let me dig it up and get back to you.It's already a bit late, but...
    <fp>

--hey, if your looking still, MAYBE this will help you out. sounded interesting to me: look in a recent post titled "loadMovieNum (help)"
    posted by Chakatito. Hope that helps.

Me, I need to have a root timeline load 3 or 4 seperate levels that will sit on the stage together to form my entire site's interface.
    they all interact with each other and need to have independent timelines, hence the use of levels. once they're on the stage, up to two more levels get called upon to retreave more motion oriented graphics. One unifying preloader would be good to control this, a
    "preloader chain", if you will. I figure a chain would be the best because it would prevent the pipeline from getting clogged up by too many KB at one time.
    <fp>