dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How much to charge?

How much to charge?

Hey,

I'm having some trouble deciding a service charge for a logo I designed for a company's identity logo. It's a vector image and took less than an hour to design including concepts.

How much would you charge for this?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kind Regards,

Cory

Re: How much to charge?

Originally posted by cozzer3000
    and took less than an hour to design including concepts.
    Charge them one hour of work and everybody will be happy.

This question might be better served in the "board room" forum.

I think it's important, if you're going to do business to come up with a structure for how you bill your clients. Whether it's by the hour or by the project (I prefer the later for a number of reasons), having a solid understanding of how you bill will allow you to operate with a confidence that is attractive to prospective customers.

There are a number of factors to look at when charging a client, time (of course), who the client is (how deep are their pockets), how will the image be used, etc.

If this is simply a small entrepreneur then charging hourly seems only right; however, if this company is fairly large, it would be fair to charge accordingly. I'm not at all suggesting outrageous fees, but, a figure that is probably more than $50 -$75 commonly charged for a single hour of work. This process is never easy and many designers commonly underestimate their value and the value of their work.

Good luck!