A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: kigot.com

I'm only going to put $10 on sergey romanyuk having something to do with it.

ill put 20$ that you are all wrong
    Yarrg Matey!

Gambling on who made a website? Is this really how sad we've become?

But while you're all at it, put me down for $20 that John Davis had some input into the whole thing.

$100,000 that Jakob Neilson hates it!
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Originally posted by sk8Krog
    $100,000 that Jakob Neilson hates it!
    Don't mention Jacob Nielsen please, I hate the guy
    No, He got good idea's about usability and stuff but he doesn't know something about site design, look his site http://www.useit.com He's years behind

i put $20 that i didn't do it

Originally posted by itworks
    i put $20 that i didn't do it
    You're on!
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Originally posted by JFlashK
    Don't mention Jacob Nielsen please, I hate the guy
    No, He got good idea's about usability and stuff but he doesn't know something about site design, look his site http://www.useit.com He's years behind
    His reason for not using graphics?
    "Download times rule the Web, and since most users have access speeds on the order of 28.8 kbps, Web pages can be no more than 3 KB if they are to download in one second which is the required response time for hypertext navigation. Users do not keep their attention on the page if downloading exceeds 10 seconds, corresponding to 30 KB at modem speed. Keeping below these size limits rules out most graphics."

Of course, he might want to look at his statistics, considering they were taking during March 1997, lol.

ye those statistics have changed substantially since 1997 lol...think he is a lil out of date
    Yarrg Matey!

If we were to go by the 10 second rule then almost all of the bleeding edge sites would be "unusable" or whatever it's called.
    Good thing we don't listen to advice that might have been workable almost a decade ago.
    Have a wonderful day!
    http://www.gpathmedia.com!

Originally posted by rooney
    Anyone know if that's their own music? Does sound like it's from an epic film and if it is, wonder if they got permission?
    It's a John Williams composition. I seriously doubt that it has been licensed for the Kirupa website.

Funny how so many "designers" crap themselves about site rips and stolen graphics, but never seem to be bothered about stolen music.

Feed me , **** me and shut the
    Originally posted by JayCharles
    It's a John Williams composition. I seriously doubt that it has been licensed for the Kirupa website.

Funny how so many "designers" crap themselves about site rips and stolen graphics, but never seem to be bothered about stolen music.
    acctualy we care about music to, hell we even care about the "swoosh" and "swiish" sounds. No one complained about the music probably because people dont know who "John williams" is.

Originally posted by Jeay
    No one complained about the music probably because people dont know who "John williams" is.
    doesn't matter who it is, if the music is copyrighted then you're unprofessional and wrong to use it without permission, and you are as bad as rippers...

I don't think he's making the point that people should speak out about it (for all we know this music could be properly licenced) just that no one seems to care, on their own sites or in discussions.

I agree that it dosent mater aversion but noone noticed the music was a rip.

ripping = sux

It may not have been thoroughly discussed, but questions about the music, on this site did come up, about whether they made it themslves, if they got permission to use it etc. So I think it that people generally are aware of music copyright issues.

check out page 3 of this thread. One example

Originally posted by rooney
    Anyone know if that's their own music? Does sound like it's from an epic film and if it is, wonder if they got permission?
    And yes, designers do tend to talk more about stolen graphics because there's rarely little doubt if something was ripped, you don't need the designer to tell you. With sounds it's much more difficult, because we simply don't know if music was properly licensed or not by looking at it.

I remember a similar issue came up with webagent's new site, using a matrix soundtack or something like that on his site. But unless he actually came in and said "no, i didn't get permission to use this soundtrack" talking about how he's ripping the music is just speculation.
    Last edited by stevietat; 06-18-2004 at 04:58 PM.

Whoever "designed" this site is a disgusting thief and shuld be beaten senseless with their own hard drive full of illegaly downloaded music immediately.

Just about everything on this site is stolen.

just about everything <----exaggeration
    Yarrg Matey!

I wonder why I put ClydeTheGlyde on my ignore list...
    Let's see what the message says...
    Oh now I remember.
    Have a wonderful day!
    http://www.gpathmedia.com!

ClydeTheGlyde: what is stolen? accept the music.
    dont forget guys that this is a beta version.