A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Graphics?

I have realized That I need to learn how to make some graphics, and I must say that after visiting your sites, I am extremely impressed with everything, especially the graphics, and I was wondering what programs you use to make them for flash.

fhobia
    Hey 007,

I use the the Flash painting tools inside...

...I normally stick to those instead of importing raster images since resizing can lead to fuzziness and if you begin to start specifying certain sizes on your flash movie, you are not giving equal opportunity to those have bigger or smaller displays. In my opinion, it's really important to approach graphics as a designer and how you want to appeal toward your audience of visitors.

Freehand by Macromedia is a good vector illustration tool. Of course, Photoshop is considered a standard but I emphasize that vector graphics are better to learn than raster due to vector's scalability.

Anyway, be inspired by others but don't immitate, do what you think is right and create your graphics by the notion of who you are. That is the most important.

I think I've gone off the topic a bit but anyways:

Vector Graphic Tools:
    Macromedia Freehand
    Adobe Illustrator

Rastor:
    Adobe Photoshop 5.0

I'm sure there are people who are more knowledgable about this but I thought I would add my 2 cents, hope you will take them into account.

Good luck!
    -Brian

Thanks

Cool, Thanks for the help. I'll See what I can do with those.