A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Converting Flash 5 scene to Flash 4

I was trying the Flash 5 download and created a great scene I want to now use in a registered version of Flash 4. Does anyone know how I can view the source so I can convert it to 4 format so I can edit it? I can play the .fla in version 4 but I can't open the file I could really use some help if anyone has run into this before. Thanks a bunch!!

thinkyour out of luck

not hundred percent, but i dont think you can view flash 5 code in flash 4, like so many aplications you can covert upwards but not downwards in version.

Brian Monnone
    If you created the scene without much scripting then the .fla should open in 4 without a problem. I've had no troubles with this..Remember though...the some scripting may be different in 5 vs 4.

Sigma

Can't get 4 to recognize 5 movie :(

Thanks for the input, unfortunately I still can't open the file. I was able to download a trial version of 5 again and the .fla works perfectly there, however regardless of what I try, I can't get 4 to open it. I've even tried to copy the frames and paste them into 4 but to no avail I'm heartsick at not being able to use this movie, especially since I spent hours and hours perfecting it. If anyone else has any suggestions I would be truly grateful!!