A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Unbeleivable digitized graphics....

Unbeleivable digitized graphics....

www.layerbit.com

Pretty !

Any know what program can make these types of graphics?

after effects.....
    3d max......

what does it?

3d max, maya are tools you can make that sort of stuff with. After effects could be used afterwards for editing video and adding effects.

I'm torn on this site. I can see a lot of effort went into the 3d and everything, but the design felt almost cheesy (especially with that LED font). Almost feels like the overall site design brings down the quality of the 3d.

Serve Cold - Keep On Ice Mr. Tackle's Avatar
    agree with with steve, I was about 50/50 on the site. Any 3d app can easily do this. I would like to see what someone can do with those liquid effect in swift. I love that program.

Well, thats an option if you dont have much to spend. I think ill try it when i get back to the office.

Rush, can you get that morphing liquid effect in swift?

what is better.....

swift3d

or

3ds max

Serve Cold - Keep On Ice Mr. Tackle's Avatar
    look em up. but 3ds max is a higher end product, and you can do much more. but it is much more expensive.

check out swift

I doubt the work you see there could be modeled in swift, nore could it be rendered in as good a quality. If you do go with swift then you will find your self wanting another program to do the modeling.

I know there's a nice little free program that alot of people use but i cant reamember what its called. Something like wingman or somehting like that. But until someone reminds me you can get blender. (its free too)

so money aside ....

3dsmax can do better things.........

but swift 3d is easier to use....

Money aside I think if you know what your are after you can probably accomplish it in any graphics progam. There isn't a graphics program out there that can do it all for you, no matter where you are.

I think some things are off sourced sometimes and the bean counters are told that a program can do it it all for them. Time the world woke up.
    Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste". Computer graphics, animation, logos, mascots (Vector work a specialty.).

what exactly do you mean by modeling......

Ok so the swift and 3dsmax are for like still pics??

and this blenderthing if for the moving ones or what........what is rendering.

Lets go over some comon 3d terms shal we?

Modeling: This is the proses of morphing or shaping a ball or a line or what ever you start with into the object you want to put want it to look like (probibly the most flexeble way of doing it) Other ways would be to take a bunch of shapes and put them together (normally using nothing more then your naked eye to) to make your object. This method wont give you very organic objects and wont work for anything more then mechanical like objects.

Rendering: Rendering is the final sttep to your work. When your done editing everything you render it into its highest quality. Because 3D is soo intence on your computer it cant look like its final form all the time like most 2D art. When your working in 3d the quality is very low so your computer can handle it all without exploding while your working.

Real Time rendering: If you refer above then you'll reamember that rendering is that final form. When you render to final form its in a movie and it is no longer editable. This is were Real Time Rendering comes in. The best way to explain this is by playing a game. While you Play your game it is rendering as you play at say 40 frames a second (this is why the quality in games are lower then then the quality in movies, because if the quality is too high then the game runs rediculously slow and your game play will run accordingly) Blender is the only program i know that can turn your scenes into real time renders and you can make games with right from the program.

Ooops, bell rang. I'll answer more of your questions after my next class .

you are a god.....

ok so what program would make a good 3d site.....

swish3d, 3dsmax, blender, plasma, maya

these are the only 4 I know of......

what would be the best for me to use, righ now to learn the basics, and late on once I get what i am dong.

Thanks alot man.

Ok, were was i.... O yah, animation and still images.

All three listed aplications can do animation and still images but if your wondering which one is better then realy in the end, 3ds blows all these aplications out of the water (minus the price ) Blender has suport for caracter bones and other things that makes it also very suitable for character animation. Now for swift 3D. Swift isnt ganna give you very fluent clean animation. Its good for making things more, rotate, and spin, but you might find your self realy having trouble getting it to do so.

Render quality is another thing to concider. 3DS has so many different options for rendering and you can get very good results. Blender renders okay on its own but i've seen very good quality rendered out of it. And even if you dont like blenders renders then it can render to a whole bunch of other free rendering engines. Swift doesnt render realisticly to any real extent because it was designed to be bandwidth friendly. This is good for people who just want to include tidbits of 3d animation opposed to making an entire animation from 3d art.

Now that you've concidered the following there are probibly some more things going through your head.

"So 3DS is god but i'll never actualy rais enough money to even rent it."

"Every one is telling me swift is realy good and simple but maby its too simple."

"Swift costs like 169$, its very simple to use. Blender 3D is FREE and does everything that swift does (minus maby the render to flash option, but if your looking to do the kind of work you posted on the link obove then Swift wont get you "too" far) So why spend all that money on some crapy app?"

Well in the end this all boials down to how you plan to use your program and how well you'll be albe to work with it. Swift is extrealy easy to use and you wont find your self having much trouble learning it. Keep in mind though that its low level 3d work and if your looking for beutiful creation its probibly not the best way to go. Blender is totaly free but sence it does soo much more then swift its alot more complicated to learn to use. 3DS is EXPENCIVE! but is one of the most highly respected 3d aplications and does everything.

The best thing i could recomend you do is cheak them out for your self.

You can look at work done by swift at http://www.swift3d.com/?erain=FK

You can download Blender at www.blender3d.org and look at examples at http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewfor...b9a4b3267928e3

You can get a waterd down version of 3DS called Gmax for free at http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/

One last program that i would also say you concider is Cenima4D R85. Its alot like swift, simple to learn, and renders in both Amazing quality and has a flash exporter so you can export bandwidth frendly flash cartoons. Aou can model anything you can come up with in it. (I use it and love it) www.maxon.net

now If I were to say that I already have 3dsmax....

would you still say to use Cenima4D R85 or learn to use the 3ds

or start with a easier proggie?

Well i fyou have money to spend then you might as well spend it, however Cenima isnt any better then 3ds. Actualy if you have money then i'd recomend spending it on something that would help you learn 3DS. There are courses you can take and softwear thats desighned to help people like you and me learn with ease. Another something to concider is the Swift plugin for 3DS. Like i had said earlyer one of the things that makes swift special is that it can render your work into the .swf format for small, internet friendly 3d work. Well, they made a plugin that will combine there rendering engine with the power of 3DS as well as Lightwave if you have it.

Again you can cheak it out at http://www.swift3d.com/?erain=FK

Originally posted by N_R_D
    you are a god.....

ok so what program would make a good 3d site.....

swish3d, 3dsmax, blender, plasma, maya

these are the only 4 I know of......

what would be the best for me to use, righ now to learn the basics, and late on once I get what i am dong.

Thanks alot man.
    Didnt see this earlyer...

I think for an easy to learn program and a good program for a 3D web desighn then you'd want to go with plasma. I've never used it my self but from what i've heard its sortof like a watered down version of 3DS and also sence it was specificly desighned for web desighn you'd find it very handy for streeming work over the web (websites, cartoons ect...)

I'm a POTato Head! The Whyte MaN's Avatar
    I've played with Plasma for bout two years now. It is a pretty good program to learn on. I believe the learning curve is less steep than 3dstudio or maya or such. The only bad thing, in my opinon, is that a lot of the time it is hard to keep the file sizes down. And I would'nt buy optimaze, if they still sell it, that is not an efficient program.

http://www.discreet.com/products/

peace.
    I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct.