A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Flashkit vs. 7 Year Studios - Battle Board

ITs dark alright, but I can easily see all the details on it.
    I was sure you meant it to be dark as it is.
    I say leave it as it is, I like it like that
    |"Silence teaches you how to sing"

Brightness and color looks good here.
    Lunatic fringe for hire

www.mev3.com

excellent volley, Rush....

do you often mix 3d-modeling into your images? if so, it might be fun to do a battle where that is a stipulation (when you get the time of course), as i'm an avid 3-d modeler myself.

err...anyway, nice job.

Thanks for the input, guys. I'll leave it how it is.

relsh ~

Thanks. I'm not sure how often, whenever I need to, I suppose. Whatever works, right? I just knew I wasn't going to find any premade images that were exactly what I was looking for in this case. I agree that a 3D model battle might be cool sometime, though. It would probably need a generous time limit, but it sounds like fun.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Originally posted by RUSHVision
    Thanks for the input, guys. I'll leave it how it is.

relsh ~

Thanks. I'm not sure how often, whenever I need to, I suppose. Whatever works, right? I just knew I wasn't going to find any premade images that were exactly what I was looking for in this case. I agree that a 3D model battle might be cool sometime, though. It would probably need a generous time limit, but it sounds like fun.
    3dbattle would be cool, but a mural would own, i'm down if you want like a 5 person mural, could get grumpy and ts7 from WOT too they both do sweet 3d work.
    Lunatic fringe for hire

www.mev3.com

A 3D battle sounds cool, but I'm really up to my ears with work at the moment and things will probably be picking up soon on top of that. We'll keep it in mind, though!
    mrush

I alreay saw the image posted by team 7year.
    IT has a cool concept and composition, but I think its a bit too dark imo, could have been better with a bit more of contrast, but cool anyway
    So its my turn now, I'll have my image ready tonight or tomorrow morning tops.

I thought Evan's volley was great, personally. The sparse application of color is reminiscent of a photogragh that has seen as much action as the denizens of the war-torn land depicted in the image. It also has a great sense of ominous foreboding that is enhanced by the inclusion of the swastika and the street that is empty of any signs of life, suggesting a nation that is under seige. I can picture the hapless citizens of this ill-fated city huddling in their basements, clutching each other for comfort, praying for a miracle that will save them from the relentless onslaught that is raining down upon them from the encroaching enemy forces. But alas, no such miracle will be forthcoming...the invasion has begun and none shall be left standing in the wake of this new blight that is sweeping across the land. The lamenting of the women and the weeping of the children will be heard long and loud before this night is through...

Hush now, child...your weeping will soon be done. You're young life taken before it has even begun.

::cue the orchestra...fade to black::
    mrush

Here's a little piece of trivia...did you guys know that the swastika was actually a symbol for good luck before the nazis got a hold of it? Way to go, Adolph...
    mrush

Originally posted by RUSHVision
    Here's a little piece of trivia...did you guys know that the swastika was actually a symbol for good luck before the nazis got a hold of it? Way to go, Adolph...
    cool, nice little kernel of knowledge there rush. i didnt even know what the nazi symbol was called. +2 things learned.

It still is and is used by certain martial arts to this day

<3
    that would be the inverted version of the swastika. you see the symbol everywhere on buddhism and hinduism.

Yep, here is a link to the page that has a little info on it. Personally, it's already been so ingrained with Nazi symbolism that's all I see when I look at a swastika. I thought about using them in my volley, but it has such negative associations that I decided against it.

Looks good in Evan's image, though. It's a powerful symbol, just the presence of that single element brings with it all the dark and terrible mystery of the Nazi regime. You can put a swastika in a field of daisies and it will give the impression that they are soon to be trampled, so strong is the connection between that symbol and all the evil and destructive acts that were committed by those carrying it as a standard.

I wonder where this battle will go next?
    mrush

Just posted my image, not 100% happy with it, but hey, its my first approach at vector images

No more War!! We already won this battle

nice bit of vectoring there night, and im sorry but the battle will rage on( I dont wanna miss out on doing my image again :P )

maybe something a bit more peaceful though....

unfortunately night, the battle has not been won until it is over, and i don't think teir is a winner. (we're all winners because were so damned special!) i do like your image. it is very cool, the only part that "stuck out" to me was the guys cheek. it seems like it is sticking out too far. other than that, top notch work.
    FASCISM DOESN'T ALWAYS LOOK LIKE ADOLF HITLER.

good image, nightwish. great concept (an allusion to indecision and self-doubt?). nice composition too. but i'd echo 7years' sentiment by saying the "forms" making up the human could use some refinement.

Ok this is just me, but I would really like to see a little more good-natured trash talk rather than just trash talk. I know, it can be a fine line sometimes, but these things are supposed to be fun no matter who the 'winner' is. And on the subject of winners, personally I don't think either side has a decisive advantage yet. There has been some great stuff posted by both teams, and isn't this what it's all about?
    mrush

i agree, i was just making a statement about the only part of thimage i thought could be improved. I felt the image was awesome. I love my board, but i was also a FK member before i started it. I think every image so far was great.
    FASCISM DOESN'T ALWAYS LOOK LIKE ADOLF HITLER.

Rest assured my post was not directed at you, 7year. I just think the occasional comment has been made that was perhaps a bit overzealous at times. This is true for the threads on both boards. As artists, it's all too easy for us to take comments too personally. And again, I'm not talking about you or relsh saying nightwish's image could use some refinement. It's that fine line I was talking about where it's easy to misinterpret what might have been harmless comments as being a little over the top as far as who the winner is and who's beating whom. I would just like to keep it light and fun for the participants, that's all.

No worries, guys. Nothing wrong with some helpful suggestions for improvement. I think that's also what these battles are about...learning as well as having fun.
    mrush