A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pioneering A Revolutionary RIA - Who Wants In?

// Cosmic Scoundrel

Pioneering A Revolutionary RIA - Who Wants In?

Sorry I've been absent for some time now, but I've been quite busy developing my new website. But I need help.

I'm constructing an entire "online community" from the ground up, using technologies such as XML, SQL, ColdFusion, Java and of course, Flash.

If there's anyone out there who's interested in becoming a part of the team or has any advice to offer, please fill me in. We can talk and I'll give you all the juicy details
    ( : D-D-Deejay Smiley [RECOGNiZED HiGHLY] : )

Señor member
    I'll move this to the boardroom for you as it might elicit more response but I'd perhaps suggest it's worth putting a little more detail into outlining the scale and scope of the project as it seems like you're dropping language names into the hat to do a job that could probably be achieved using php or a single language rather the whole lot

Cheers,
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

// Cosmic Scoundrel
    Sorry about that. I wasn't quite sure where I should've posted that. Thanks for redirecting me.

And I'm being decidedly vauge at the moment because I'm a little wary about revealing tmi right now. I'd like to see who's actually interested in participating in something like this before I really fill them in on all the hoopla.

I guess I'll try a different method : /

Thanks Again.

// Cosmic Scoundrel

The Straight Dope

Okay, so I'll be a little more specific...

This new project I'm working on is a massive RIA that is essentially an "online community" where users can chat and interact with each other via numerous methods, but the focus is on a flash-based avatar chat interface that's unlike any other and fully customizable and interactive.

Here's a listing of the various technologies I'm planning on taking advantage of and what role they all serve in the development of this project:

XML
    - will be used to store all information on users and other elements of the site, for maximum extensibility and flexibility. You really need to learn the logistics of the site to understand how powerful XML will be when it comes to describing the data involved.

XHTML
    - by complying to the new standards of HTML 4.0 and making use of namespaces to incorporate other technologies/applications for future development, there's great potential for expansion further down the line. XHTML will serve as the foundation for the front-end experience i.e. the user's browser.

XSLT
    - will be used to transform XML into XHTML and other necessary formats to be sent to the user.

CSS
    - plays a small role in formatting, further tigthening the structure of the client-side experience.

ColdFusion
    - still looking into this technology, but I'm hoping to use Coldfusion for back-end database connectivity and maintenance.

SQL
    - the language required to actually select, read and write to and from the database, in conjunction with ColdFusion.

Java
    - the Java 2 SDK 1.4 is necessary for multi-user applications on the J2EE server.

...that's the basic structure of the site so far (all bells and whistles aside). What do you think?

pvt me with the details.
    i'm intrigued...