A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Designer bailed...im stuck having to learn Flash

Designer bailed...im stuck having to learn Flash

Im trying to learn flash myself due to the fact my designer bailed on me after he built the site.

Unfortunately everyone I talk to says he coded it ALL WRONG and its going to cost a ton to fix it.

My question is, realistically where should I start to try and learn MX and how long before I can realistically go in and start fixing it myself.

By the way today is day 2.

Wish I coulc have found someone to do it for me for less than $500 but it dont look like its happening.

Well go get Flash MX (not PRO - bleah), and post the FLA or SWF for us. And we can go from there. I would recommend taking a look at yuor local library and seeing if they have books on FLASH.

Already did that. I have MX already.

I have over 17 .fla files to work with, most are around 350k, some are as much as 1100k.

Im going to attatch one now. You can view the site at www.storybyphoto.com

I need to get the site sped up and I want to be able to change out these images which are OLD. The whole site is just SLOW.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Goodbye...
    I pitty the fool who bails on a client!

If I were you I would start by doing as many tutorials as I could find and then, once you know enough, you can start doing the AS. Or you could always just ask here in the forums. Good Luck!

Doing the AS? Hey is there a forum or room on here where maybe I can find someone who might be interested in this job?

Goodbye...
    AS - Action Script (code)

You can post it here or in the Flash General Help forum and if you're lucky you might find someone looking for a job that's willing to continue someone else's work.

Its all up. It just needs to be tweaked. And I need to add a couple of Galleries on.

Did you notice anything about the .fla file I posted? People that ive talked to have said it was screwy.

Goodbye...
    About your file. It's only a couple of tweens so everything seems to be ok except I couldn't up-load the external file at the end because it wasn't included.

hey scrapdiggs,

Send me an e-mail at

fantrom@aol.com

so we can talk.

Although I'm working on some major projects I think I may be able to help you out.

- Ramiel
    "Believe your beliefs and doubt your doubts."

- F.F. Bosworth