A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Masking problem

Masking problem

Hi guys,
    I am making a flash site right now, and am having a bit of a problem with a mask. I have a movie clip on the main stage, and this movie clip is a tween of the text coming in. I only want the text tween to show in a certain area of the stage so obviously I would apply the mask. So in the movie clip I have a mask layer and have it masking all the text layers below it. The problem is, if I hit enter and test the movie in the build window, it runs fine. If I publish/test it the mask layer seems to mask everything inside the movie clip, not just where I placed the mask square. Any one have this problem before? This is on MX BTW.
    Thanks,
    Josh
    new to this flash thing

You have to make sure that all the layers inside the movie clip are not indented under the masking layer. Only the ones you want to mask should be indented.

yea, I checked that I just tried putting one under the mask layer, and the rest show fine, and the one under the mask layer doesn't show at all.
    new to this flash thing

OK, just to clarify, the ones indented are the ones you see, not the other way around. And if your not seeing text, but it is inside the masking layer influence, the text may be a dynamic box. This will not show unless you embed the font.

If that's all correct, I don't know what the problem is.

haha, it is always dumb solutions I forgot that the text box is dynamic.
    Thanks!
    Josh
    new to this flash thing