A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: a moment of your time

If a movie is only 99k but is 600 frames, would that cause it to perform at a less than desired rate?

i am trying to fake my way through something here...

any assistance would be just great.

Hack
    Total movie size and number of frames don't have anything to do with frame rate.

Frame rate is set in movie properties. You can bump it up if you want your movie to go faster.

The complexity of your graphics, motion and transparency will slow down your frame rate, however.

em

I guess that is my fault...i did not explain myself very well. i have the frame rate and everything the way that i want...

however during playback in certain parts the movie seems a little sluggish...

What i am doing is repeating the same effect on several scenes one after another....and when it gets to the last two scenes, it starts to slow down, even though it is the same effect that has been working without hesitation on the previous scenes.

make better sense?

Hack
    You make better sense, but your problem now makes no sense.

I would guess that somehow you're piling things on top of one another, that there are layers upon layers of functionality as you move through the movie. Something else has to be operating to slow the thing down.

em

argh ok so,

when using scenes, the second scene just piles on top of the one before and so on?

would it help if i e-mailed the projector to you so you can see what i am talking about....the slowing down part...i would almost be embarrased to e-mail the whole project.

J

Lightbulb

Eureka....I got it...

thanks for your help, i had too much spacing in one layer of text on my final scene that was throwing off my text variables! so it chugged while trying to figure it out.

Sorry to all of those who have read this and become confused.

J