dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I don't know where to post this, so here it is: search problems?

I don't know where to post this, so here it is: search problems?

Browsing, posting, replying and everything in FlashKit is fine, except searching. Many times, when I type I what I need to search for and press enter, the website just sits still. Loading and reloading works perfectly fine though.

Does this happen to you guys?

Thanks,
    Ramon Miguel M. Tayag

that's weird.. apparently it happens much more often when i search "flash swf studio" (because i want to know what people think are better between the two).. when i search for other things prior or right after that it works fine..
    Ramon Miguel M. Tayag

I had this problem once and asked about it. The answer seems to be that the more popular terms to search for, such as "flash", tend to timeout the search because there are just so many hits on it.

vBulletin's search engine is a bit creaky so it should get more intelligent with the next version one hopes.

Try rewording your search without using the terms "flash" or "swf", if that's possible!

muvipix.com
    Nah, I've tried the search function for the past few days. It's just not working - DB must be too large any more.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /www2/flashkit/html/board/search.php on line 421
    Last edited by rhosk; 05-20-2004 at 07:40 AM.
    Regards,

Ron