A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: components load before pre loader

components load before pre loader

Please help,

I am getting a blank white screen before my pre loader kicks in and think that it is because the components (scroll panes) are loading on the first frame of the movie. I have right clicked on the relevant movie clips, chosen linkage, and unchecked export on first frame box. This solves the pre loader problem but then my scroll panes dont seem to work. Is there anyway to get it all working harmoniously??

Got to upload the file for a project next week so would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Musician/Sound Engineer
    Upload your file. Then we can help.

MK

Banned
    You either re-ckeck all export on the first frame, and use a seperate preloader only movie to load in your present movie cleared of it's own preloader, or you drag instances of your components off-stage or in unviewed frames between your preloader frame(s) and the actual starting frame of your movie, so that they preload with your present preloader.
    I find the first method easier, as you can often miss a lot of those export on the first frame linkage, but it's really your choice.

Thanks for the fast responses.

Here's the file. Had to trim it down in size a bit, so i've deleted the scenes that are not relevant. (Some buttons wont work)

Also, if I were to make a separate movie as the pre loader what action script would I use to make sure it pre loaded my main movie?
    I'm a bit useless when it comes to scripting, i've just started learning.

Thanks

Banned
    Can stay any longer now. Will re-post my preloader only movie example, and make it available tonight!

Trying to upload my file. Hope it works this time. Me and my computer just aren't getting on today.

Banned
    There's a maximum size... Zip it up that might help. If not you could allways upload the zip package to some web space, and provide a link to download it from there.

Example Movie

Hello oldnewbie

Could you please post that exmple of your pre loader only movie. Im pretty confident that I can sort my problem then and wont have to post my movie.

Dont know what the time is in Canada at the momment, so whenever your awake will do.

Thanks.