A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Combobox Guidance

Combobox Guidance

Greetings!

Wanted to see if I could get a little direction...

First of all, I'm using MX 2004 Pro.

I have a combobox that contains several names. When a name is selected, I want it to trigger two MC's that are associated with the name.

My questions:

How should I set up the data in the combobox to associate to the name-related MC's and what actionscript could trigger those MC's?

Thanks for any suggestions you may provide.

-- Jeff

hi,

I don't use components, but maybe is something like this...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the direction on this. This is "sort of" what I'm looking for. I have two MC's that I want to respond to each name selection. Each MC will have frame labels that will have content specific to each name in the list. For example, when "Jane Doe" is selected, one MC will gotoAndStop to the "Jane Doe" frame within that clip and display that content. The other MC will gotoAndStop to the "Jane Doe" frame label and display that content. This would be the case for each name (10 names) in the comboBox.

Is the modification to what you have already provided in your example .fla too much to explain? Or have I just totally confused you??? I tend to be too wordy.

I'm relatively new at the actioncript guided interactivity, but have a general understanding of the terminology.

I appreciate your efforts already and welcome more direction if you are willing.

Best regards...

- - Jeff

I used the same two mcs.
    Added more another frame to both, and a frame label myLabel.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beautiful! Exactly what I was looking for. Once I get the working .fla put together, I'll share the results that your guidance has assisted in making happen.

Many thanks!

- - Jeff