A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [show (art)] 2K Heroes : MMORPG

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar

[show (art)] 2K Heroes : MMORPG

2ICEmp (http://www.ventoline.com) and myself are happy to announce that Two Kingdoms will be extended soon, as a MMORPG

The multiplayer game will include most of the maps, quests and enemies from the solo game, plus, of course, a lot of new locations, items and enemies.

The gameplay will be quite different from 2K but it will still be an Hack'n'slash, Ã* la Diablo .

The game will feature a "point-and-click" system, smooth scrolling, tile heights variations, a powerfull magic system, customizable avatars, a money system, buddy lists, quest groups, an online chat and possibilities of private messages.

Most of the tiles GFXs from 2K will be slightly revised to take benefit of the heights variations.

There are no screenshots yet, but you can already download, as a wallpaper, some artwork i did for the different races
    (click on the link under the images to have them in 1024*768 format )

Of course, i'm still dedicated to Sylvaniah (the game with Strille), that is coming up nicely - Since i'm officially moving back to the States in October, i know i will have to employ my free time there and that i should be able to handle a second project

Lux

http://www.twokingdoms.com/2Kheroes/2kHEROESmen.jpg

http://www.twokingdoms.com/2Kheroes/2kHEROESorcs.jpg

http://www.twokingdoms.com/2Kheroes/2kHEROESelves.jpg

hey hey... good news lux! i tell ya, u got commitment mate, cannot wait till all this is finished

graphics look MAD as usual

Official Shoe Shiner thehumanchimp's Avatar
    WOW! - good luck lux, those graphics are absolutely brilliant.
    - Cant wait to see it finished!
    Keep up the good work
    Message on a gravestone: I finished before you in the human race.

Using: Flash MX

Nice, you finally got it to multiplayer!

and a point n click nav, too (which i think will be a lot easier to handle than the cursor navigation)

great art as usually.

<olli/>

Your work is incredible. You are no doubt a great artist as well as programmer. Hats off to you LUX.

Ihoss
    Wohow! Thats amazing! Im guessing you will use a socket server for that, or what? And what will the gameplay be like? (quite different from 2K isn't good enough for me ) You know what you should do, you should post new quests once a week and have a running highscore of the most powerfull player. I cant wait for this

Edit: That forest in the background looks familiar

Thanks i'm happy you guys like the art !

Kendude -> i do not touch one line of the code actually, all the programming will be handled by 2ICEmp genious coder ( now, that's a way to bring him on that thread !!! ) - i might actually be the poorest coder you would ever see !

Ihoss -> it is a bit early to talk about gameplay yet, as we are still defining it - but the introduction of point 'n' click, as you can imagine, changes the deal on many things - there will be lots of quests, and sure, the game will be followed up once active

The server used is 2ICEmp, and for many reasons : it is powerfull, it already includes tonns of features needed by the game, and the devlopper was excited to re-use 2K elements to bring it to multiplayer - and 2ICEmp is open source, which means that other people will be able to re-use it for their own games

Originally posted by Ihoss

Edit: That forest in the background looks familiar
    i noticed that too. mainly because i was looking at the pic and then i minimised the window and saw my desktop background was exactly the same
    "wen i found my gerbil dead my other gerbil was eating it i just cried and screamed"
    http://www.livescripts.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by some moderator : Today at 9:01 PM.

Can't wait for it to be out!

That elves pic is scary... yet beautiful...

Questions: Will you be charging money for it?

Am I the only one that noticed that the human guy looks exactly like the Lord of the Rings poster?

Great posters as usual!

This sounds like a very impressive game once done, I must say the one thing that I didnt like about 2k was the lack of smooth scrolling. All the best, this will be a huge project!
    Christopher Rhodes
    squarecircleco.

This is going to be super kick-ass mega powerfull!

I just can't wait!

What is going to happened with the 'old' 2K? Will it ever continue?

wow lux. i want that forest babes number!
    Last edited by BlinkOk; 05-01-2004 at 06:37 PM.
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

foxy ninja extraordinaire PENGUINDICTATOR's Avatar
    Hows your side scroller (I think you were working on it with Strille) going?
    Can't wait till that's done aswell.

WOW!

[edit]the man in the picture is like Aragorn
    Last edited by mr_shotgun_2000; 05-02-2004 at 01:56 AM.

Hey !

Xanthe00 > No, no money will be charged, it will be a totally free game to play, just like 2K

iopred > Good point : Lothar definitely has Aragorn mouth and beard, that come from the way i'm using textures (like skin and beard) from pictures to add realism to the drawings - the original face looked like that

but people that knew me were worried for my ego, since it's kind of a self-portrait (but now i have more beard ) so i was advised to make Lothar look different... and since i'm such a LOTR geek ...

Baukereg > i don't know yet about the old 2K : it depends on how satisfied i will be with the gameplay of the multiplayer version as a solo campain - the point is that i think a multiplayer game should be playable if you are alone - Ideally, the original 2K will be included, with few changes, in the multiplayer version : it will be a 'quest/collaborative area'
    Though, the storyline, cutscenes, progression is too linear to fit in a multiplayer game ... it's a tough question, i don't have the answer yet

PENGUINDICTATOR > the side scroller plateform stays my priority - though, when i was proposed by 2IceMP to 'adapt' 2K, i knew i couldn't take the risk to say 'wait, i'm not done totally with what i started' - Thanksfully, there are a lot of things to programm server side, to adapt the existing elements we wish to keep in 2KHeroes, so it buys me time to finish the game with Strille - also, i will come back in the States in October, so i will be unemployed for a while (waiting for valid working papers and such stuff) so i know that soon, i will have a lot of time on my hands - it's sometimes rough now, but it will be much better then )

BlinkOk > sure ! it's 1-800-HeavenCanWait

Just though it could be interesting to explain the process better, so i picked the Orc head to show how i did

As you can see, the orc is more based on picture edition, with layers of added drawn elements - Lothar was built the other way around, starting with a drawing, and then being textured with a pic -The Elf is a mixture of the two technics

Working with pics saves a lot of time : quite the same result could be achieved just by painting, but it would add dozens of hours to the process, to get the right lightning and texture for ex ...

[edit] if you are interested, i can explain better all the steps from 1 to 5 ?

Originally posted by luxregina
    [edit] if you are interested, i can explain better all the steps from 1 to 5 ?
    i think we'd all like that lux.
    "wen i found my gerbil dead my other gerbil was eating it i just cried and screamed"
    http://www.livescripts.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by some moderator : Today at 9:01 PM.

hey cool method!
    please explain

lovely artwork,can´t wait to see the game in action =)
    keep it up =)
    (also sweet work in progress step by step image,yep,explain that a bit more =) )

I just wish I could manage something better than "Pure Sex", but I can't.

Pure Sex

Squize.