A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: fish game

rebmem roinuJ

fish game

This is one off my first attempts at a game its a side scroller with the same controls as that helicopter in a cave game from a while back (mouse down fish goes up/ mouse up fish goes down). It doesn't have much graphics yet. Let me know what you think.

http://www.envelopmedia.com/fish/swimmer_eng.htmlswimmer game

er... why is there a cow when you die?
    "wen i found my gerbil dead my other gerbil was eating it i just cried and screamed"
    http://www.livescripts.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by some moderator : Today at 9:01 PM.

rebmem roinuJ
    I don't know. I just needed a button to go back to frame one and there seems to be a cow theme around here so a cow seemed as good as any

yeah, it's simple but decent. I like the jumping-out-of-the-water movement. Some better graphics would help, and yeah, the cow at the end is a bit puzzling.

rebmem roinuJ
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'd like to do some better art but I'm not much of an artist. I'm glad people could actually tell that was a in the first place. I noticed some bugs like when try to eat a coin and hit the ground at the same time it gets stuck. I 'll try to work on that later.

I like it, i like the bonus cow aswell You should make it more like one of those skiing games though, so you cant miss any food...

OR, have a 'hungry meter' and you have to collect enough food to stay alive?

fracture2 - the sequel
    fracture - retro shooter
    blog - games, design and the rest

"2D is a format, not a limitation" -Luis Barriga

i like it

no i dont think you should have to take _all_ the food. maybe you could add some powerups too? the art isnt the best, but it works...

maybe you should add levels too? to make it a bit more interesting..

v good, needs decent graphics, but i guess you know that.

hey hey i like that a lot! congrats on making an adictive first game!

i like the enlarge fish feature that you have got.

maybe start the fish actually swimming in the water, not in air

if you put a lot more work into the grapihcs (i rekkon go either semi realistic, or good quality cartoony (not flash)), add sound and yes add a hungry meter (as random said).

adding sound (not YUM eating sound though, but swimming sound with some bubbles, splashing when u exit and enter the water, when you die also.

having great sound and graphics with a little bit more coding, you could have an AWESOME first game

nice work mate!

ps: this months theme: fish!

edit: and the smaller fish feature
    Last edited by leight; 05-06-2004 at 05:56 AM.

rebmem roinuJ
    Cool, I’m glad some people like it. Thanks for all the good Ideas I like the hungry meter and the sound effect ideas. I guess I’ll try to finish it up and post an updated version later. I haven’t really worked with sounds fx before. Does any one know a good site for free sfx or is better to buy a CD pack of some sort?

hey, no need to go any further, flashkit have a great sound fxs section.

Oh i like the game to BTW

I like it but the cow is kinda wierd. I just sat the and looked at it for a min wondering why on earth there was a cow. I like the jumpind animation.
    Time Consuming Productions Presents

www.maxbag.net
    (in the works)

doItLikeThis
    Nice start and a very good game actually.
    So potent a symbol of Hindu identity is the cow, and so emotive is the issue of cow slaughter, that it has become an instrument of realpolitik in India as the Hindutva-Fundamentalist Sangh parivar ideologues (read Saffron-robed trishul-carrying thugs) now see it as a necessary assertion of Hindu rights in India (and one more plank to fight their battle for the Hindu Rashtra). This could effect the security, well-being, health, self-respect and future of the Christian, Sikh, Muslim and Dalit and other minorities living in the world's largest Castocracy - India - who may have to prove their loyalty and patriotism (a la swearing in ceremony in vogue these days to uphold the Indian constitution) by drinking the Panchagavya a mixture of five cow products - curd, milk, ghee and cow urine and cow dung.

Don't mind, Iam drunk!
    -Aditya

rebmem roinuJ
    Sweet guys thanks. I'll probably take the game down later today I'll post again when I'm finished.

adit_ya_sharma, nice.

Originally posted by adit_ya_sharma
    Nice start and a very good game actually.
    So potent a symbol of Hindu identity is the cow, and so emotive is the issue of cow slaughter, that it has become an instrument of realpolitik in India as the Hindutva-Fundamentalist Sangh parivar ideologues (read Saffron-robed trishul-carrying thugs) now see it as a necessary assertion of Hindu rights in India (and one more plank to fight their battle for the Hindu Rashtra). This could effect the security, well-being, health, self-respect and future of the Christian, Sikh, Muslim and Dalit and other minorities living in the world's largest Castocracy - India - who may have to prove their loyalty and patriotism (a la swearing in ceremony in vogue these days to uphold the Indian constitution) by drinking the Panchagavya a mixture of five cow products - curd, milk, ghee and cow urine and cow dung.

Don't mind, Iam drunk!
    Ah, I've got it! With the cow representative of the Hindu faith, the fish in the game must similarly be representative of Christianity (I don't mean that the game itself is a Christian game, simply that it's a commentary on that subject), the fish being a sacred symbol to Christ (not to mention the role of the devouring 'large fish' in the old testament). So what we're seeing here is a colonial narrative on the stuggle of a faith to survive in a region where it is not necessarily meant to be. Among the trademarks of Colonial literature is a tendency to ignore the narrative of the place, in this case, the narrative of the cow. And yet, it is always the cow that is prevelent at the end of all things.

Deep game, man.

doItLikeThis
    a fishcow:-

Artist: Rea Nurmi
    -Aditya