dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Question about buttons

Question about buttons

Greetings all, I am a Flash newbie. I have been using it for about 6 months. Anyway, my query is this....I have a movie clip that is a series of three buttons (think fly out menu). I have put the buttons on two separate frames within the clip, where the main large button is in frames 1 & 2, and the "flyout buttons" are only in frame 2. The actionscript I put on the main button is wiggy. I've got the "on roll over, goto and play frame 2, and on roll out, goto and play frame 1" commands. However, in testing my movie, one of two things happens. Either..A: when I mouse over the main button, the two sub buttons appear, but disappear once my mouse leaves the main button. To correct that, I thought throwing a stop action into frame 2 would help, but all that does is make it so that when I mouse over the main button, the sub buttons appear, and they do not disappear when I mouse out from the main button. The sub buttons only disappear when I mouse out from the subs. If this sounds confusing I apologise. Basically what I want to have happen is this....on mouse over of the LARGE button, I want the two sub buttons revealed. I only want the subs to disappear when I mouse out from the subs, but I want them to disappear also when I mouse out in the opposite direction of the subs from the LARGE button. Any help in this would be appreciated. I'm sure I've just done something stupid with the code, but I am at a loss.

Cheers.

I gotcha, Do this, on the roll over and roll out thing... Put instead of gotoAndPLay(2) action, do gotoAndStop(2).... same thing goes for frame 1.

Hope this helped

Peace,
    ~bill
    So many Ideas

So little Time

I already tried the roll stop thing. The problem is, that when I mouse out of the MAIN button, to try to get to the sub button fly outs, they disappear. Crud...thanks for the reply though. Anybody else have a suggestion for what I am doing wrong?

could you send me, or givbe a link to the .fla
    ?

~Bill
    So many Ideas

So little Time