dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loadVariables works in sub movie but not in main movie

loadVariables works in sub movie but not in main movie

Basically:

Im developing a website, purely in flash.
    SO,

there are 2 movies, the main one, which is always visible, and the sub movie which apears when a tab is clicked.
    THe sub movie is a basic product catalog, each frame has a a unique pic and its own dynamic discription which loads from a txt file into a txt box. There is a basic navagation bar that navigates between the different frames. When this is tested all the dynamic text loads correctly, the navigation works and all images work as well. i used ctrl+alt+enter to run it.

For the problem
    The sub movie is then run under the main movie. The pictures load, the navigation works but the txt does not change or load. I tried using unique static text on each frame but that doesnt change from the first frame. Ie, frame A: PicA, StaticTextA, and Navigation, FrameB: PicB, StaticTxtA and navigation. it should be, PicA, DynamicA, Nav, FrameB, PicB, DynamicTxtB, Navigation.

Any ideas will be praised.
    Thanks
    iKron

Banned
    What are you using to load the text file?
    loadVariables?

Exact line of code please!

Heres the code used,

loadVariablesNum("txt/AProduct.txt", 0);
    stop();

Thats basically it, all that changes is the product.txt file, there are 5 for now, being AProduct.txt, BProduct.txt etc .to EProduct.txt

The code is from the first frame, the other frames do not have the stop function as i used the nextFrame() code which stops it automatically.

Thanks
    iKron

Banned
    Well since you're loading your variables on the root level, simply reference your variables to the main timeline in the Var boxes of your textfields... Thus if you were using my_text as the variable in one of your textfields, use _level0.my_text instead.