dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: new guy with a project

new guy with a project

HI Ehrybody
    name's will, i recently moved to the neighborhood.
    anyways ive been workin on this retro style RPG, really FFIV inspired. Im finally gettin thru the basic battle and walkin-around layouts.
    trouble is i suck at drawing, and dont know how to go about creating my drawing my characters.
    could anyone point me in a direction?
    or even if someone wants to take on half a project and make some characters and backgrounds...

very early stage of game
    so there!

Hehe... you should try FFV and FFVI- much better- just cuz I can't beat the FFIV boss... keeps killin me with Big Bang....
    Anyway, I'm not here to gripe about off-topic problems... so here's my 2 cents (if it's worth that much )

Firstly I think your concept is great and you're a brave person to try to make a Flash RPG.

Second, since noone more experienced has posted yet, I suggest you try tracing images of monsters/characters in Flash- try gradients- radial, linear, color lines- not just black, Flash has got a lot of great effective line drawing tools- use them, maybe even add gradients to your lines- a great example of effective vector drawing is garfield.com.
    Also, minute details do pay off- check out the movies section of Flashkit to find some good examples of drawing great vector pix.
    Last edited by ivanthem; 05-06-2004 at 07:01 AM.

yea FFVI is probably the best, but whatever i create wont get that complicated as far as the gameplay and such.
    i guess i should go try to find some good characters to base my animations off of.
    so there!