A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PowerPoint to Flash

PowerPoint to Flash

Anyone know of a good tool that does not cost an arm or a leg to convert PowerPoint to Flash?

Bob it would be neat if I could import my PowerPoint into KM and use your tool to convert it. I really like KM but have some things that we need to convert to Flash and KM will not do that

Powerpoint can export each slide as a jpg file. It would be Kool to have a wizard that would take a directory of images and create a swf slide presentation. Wizard options for a navigation bar and/or timed changes of the slide would be good. Even Kooler, an option to import sound files for each slide and have the slide automatically change at the end of each audio file.

You can use Open Office which is free: http://www.openoffice.org/
    However you will loose all the Powerpoint specific effects and end up whith just a slide show
    Another program is Powerpoint to Flash 1.6 by http://www.dreamingsoft.com/ ($ 50) which is a little more sophisticated.

Super Moderator
    It would be Kool to have a wizard that would take a directory of images and create a swf slide presentation.

-> Go to the Wizards gui mode in KoolMoves and select this wizard.

Thanks! I had never tried that wizard. (From its name, I thought it was to create a slide layout. I'm glad to see that it is exactly what I wanted.)

Is there any chance for a navigation bar option to be added to the wizard so that the user can move backwards and forwards though the presentation? (Then I could replace Powerpoint with my swf file.)

Also, an option to import sound files for each slide and have the slide automatically change at the end of each audio file would be a great thing to have.

Super Moderator
    I intend to add more to this wizard. Your suggestions are good.