A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: white space before swf

white space before swf

I have this weird problem with a intro.
    Using Dreamweaver/Flash MX

set up:
    index.html launches main movie pop-up. The pop-up is white (where I have inserted the swf) for around 3 seconds before loading my flash movie. The swf within the pop-up is 160K with a preloader. Is there a way to preload the html, or preload the flash preloader? Is this a simple mistake...I have enable cache on in dreamweaver. Any help appreciated.
    eggheadstudio.com...version 2.0...coming soon

hi der ,i'm also having the same problem ,do u got the solution??plz share if u got the solution

I'm haveing the same problem.. any ideas on how to sort it out???

Flasher
    No, there's no good way to fix this, except to have the Flash Movie externally loaded into a blank SWF, with the same background color and size to occupy the space.

White background

Yes there is a way to get rid of the white box. If you have embedded it in your Dreamweaver program. Go to your properties window in Dreamweaver, click on the embedded dreamweaver flash file in your document and change the background color to matchr the background color in your flash file. Now when the Flash plays in your html file the background color will not be white anymore.