forgive me, I'm still a newbie at this

I enjoyed the tutorial posted on Macromedia's web site entitled "Bike Trips Sample Application: Using the XMLConnector .."

I used the idea from the tutorial as a basis for my own application. My question involves record navigation.

I have buttons that I want to use to move to the next or previous record within a child node and buttons that I want to move to the next or previous parent node instead of navigating via the combo box as described in the tutorial.

eg
<section name="1">
<subsection name="1">
<imagename>somefile.swf</imagename>
<text2display>A bunch of text.</text2display>
</subsection>
<subsection name="2">
<imagename>anotherfile.swf</imagename>
<text2display>Some other text to display.</text2display>
</subsection>
</section>
<section name="2">
<subsection name="1">
<imagename>andsomeotherfile.swf</imagename>
<text2display>A bunch of different text.</text2display>
</subsection>
<subsection name="2">
<imagename>yetanotherfile.swf</imagename>
<text2display>Still more other text to display.</text2display>
</subsection>
</section>

so clicking the next section button when you're looking at subsection 2 record of section1 would take you to the first subsectionrecord of section 2. The order in the xml will be the order displayed so I don't think I need to move the XML into a recordset which I can "order by"

I have the XMLConnector in my flash, and it loads the first record into the interface perfectly. Thanks for help with the navigation.

I've looked all over but perhaps the amazingly gifted readers of this forurm can tell me as there must be a simple way to do this.

I would appreiciate any assistance. I do enjoy the new XMLConnector object.

Thanks,
Bj